Old March 15th 06, 06:27 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default Rear LED light effectiveness.

On Wed, 15 Mar 2006 08:18 +0000 (GMT Standard Time),
(Terry) wrote:

Ah, so you know the street I'm referring to, and are thus aware that it is
a narrow rat-run with poor lighting, road-humps, cars parked on both
sides, and cars entering and crossing having limited visibility due to
parked cars?

I'm so very glad that neither you nor the dick risking his kid's life is
my dad.

May I suggest you don't take a trip to China. From the sound of it
your heart would pack up in 0.0001 seconds if you saw the way people
cycled at night in some of the cities I have visited. Sanya struck me
as being particularly bad - but perhaps that's only because it's the
only Chinese city (apart from Bejing) where I have cycled.

I didn't see a single bicycle light being used and the only helmets I
saw were worn by construction workers cycling to work. Perhaps it's
just as well the one child per family policy is still enforced in the
city (with an exception for a couple, both the product of the one
child policy). I'd hate it for you to see a family of five on one
bike, cycling at night in an unlit street covered in potholes.
--
Let us have a moment of silence for all Americans who
are now stuck in traffic on their way to a health club