Old March 15th 06, 07:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default Rear LED light effectiveness.

In article , (Tony
Raven) wrote:

Terry wrote:
In article ,

(Tony Raven) wrote:

Terry wrote:
I was horrified by the bloke cycling without lights in London the
other night while carrying his young daughter on the crossbar. It

was a cold night as well and the poor kid had no gloves.

Although I use lights in London to be honest they are not critical
unless it is raining. Street lighting is very good and visibility

of cyclists is not a problem in general.

Ah, so you know the street I'm referring to, and are thus aware that
it is a narrow rat-run with poor lighting, road-humps, cars parked on
both sides, and cars entering and crossing having limited visibility
due to parked cars? I'm so very glad that neither you nor the
dick risking his kid's life is my dad.

Which part of "in general" did you not understand?

Given that you wrote it, which part of "they are not critical unless it is
raining" did /you/ not understand.

I didn't make a general point. I made a specific point about a specific
incident in which a specific person did a very foolish thing in a specific
location which caused it also to be very dangerous. Had it been two lads
larking about I wouldn't have mentioned it, but a small child is entitled
to expect better, both of its carers and of other adults who might, for
whatever reason, choose to gloss over criminal stupidity with glib
generalisations.