Old September 4th 03, 03:31 PM

Default Help with purchase

Bill Brannon's and Peter's posts are right on. If you are taking the
first big step into cycling via this purchase I would suggest Bill has
the right idea, initially, because what you may like as far as a ride
could change in a relatively short time. Buy a good used bike, road,
hybrid, etc. that fits and ride for a while. Peter's advice is right
on - very important for any bike purchase but maybe even more so if
you are going to pop for 1,500 to 2 grand. The bike needs to fit and
have adjustment parameters that can accomodate changes in your riding
ability and style. I recently bought a Bianchi Volpe, on a closeout,
for $650.00. Changed the stem length and put on a diff. saddle. Spent
a week with the allen wrench tweaking my seating and stem. It pays
off. btw that Bianchi was a move down from a 25 year old custom road
frame. Remember bikes that don't fit are like exercise equipment that
doesn't get used. Moves from the house to the garage to who knows
where.
topspam (Jkpoulos7) wrote in message ...
Please help with opinions. Are the two sale bikes good deals? Should I buy
the serotta just because it is the most expensive. Should I buy the Lemond
because it is the cheapest. They all ride very nice, but I am new at this
and I can't really distinguish between a GREAT ride and a VERY GOOD ride and
I don't want to repurchase next year because I missed something.

Thanks for your help in advance.

I paid that for my Buenos Aires. I found it to ride 95% as well as more
expensive steel bikes so I bought it. The Trek is aluminun and is nowhere near
as comfortable as a Lemond. I have no opinion on the Cervelo and the Serotta is
their mass produced bike. I recommend the Lemond.