Old February 29th 08, 01:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Michael Press

Default No hiding from chamois?

In article ,
"Peter Howard" wrote:

"Squat'n Dive" wrote in message
I opened a Colorado cyclist catalog of the late and discovered that
there is no single short without a chamois!
What's going on in this industry? Wooden, er, leather saddles
are taking the market by the storm and the padding is moving
into the pants???

Just started using MTB shorts with chamois built in for road touring. That's
the baggy ones with a close fitting lycra inner like conventional road
shorts and I like them because they preserve my modesty, the skin of my rear
end and also make my fat gut less noticeable.

My grown up non-cycling niece saw my new MTB shorts pegged out on the
clothesline with lycra inner and bright yellow coolmax chamois pulled inside
out for quick drying. "What on earth is that?" she asked. I explained that
they were the special incontinence model of shorts for elderly cyclists.

and she said ...

--
Michael Press