Old July 29th 19, 11:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_5_]

Default What do you find worse - dry heat or heat & humidity?

On Monday, July 29, 2019 at 11:16:52 AM UTC-7, Joy Beeson wrote:
On Fri, 19 Jul 2019 21:04:23 -0700 (PDT), pH wrote:

We will be hoping for a full report at rec.bicycles.rides or here.
Hope all goes well and that you don't get too irritated with having to wait for everyone to catch up all the time.

I have started a report at rec.bicycles.rides, but it's taking a lot
more words than I expected, and putting the paragraphs into logical
order is turning out to be complex.

Perhaps I'll finish the report before next year's ride.

At first I had no intention of repeating -- following arrows on the
pavement around a no-destination loop is just not my bag -- but after
coming down with heat exhaustion, I want to try again without the
stupid mistakes.

(Confessing to those is also slowing up the report writing.)

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net

Maybe you have some suggestions on how I can handle this. My younger brother doesn't have a group to ride with and he just retired. He is pretty fast. So he has a batter time at the gym than riding alone. When I ride with him it bores him to tears because I'm now so slow.

Coming back from a ride the other day he entered the area where his condo is and with his attention elsewhere he hit a speed bump and went down. Slow speed but a lot of road rash.

So now he has decided to stop riding because I don't think he has ever fallen down before. Actually in his entire life (he's a half brother) I don't think he has ever been injured.

I can't relate to that having spend half of my childhood covered in scabs or childhood diseases. He's young enough that they had vaccinations for all of that. After I started riding I spent as much time flying through the air swearing as on the bike. At least for the first 4 or 5 years. Since I recovered from my concussion I have had ten pretty good crashes including being hit by a car.

So when I tried to make light of his crash he got angry etc. Would you have any idea of how to approach this?