Old May 24th 15, 04:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default AG: Freezing Bottles

On 5/23/2015 9:59 PM, Joy Beeson wrote:

If you frequently freeze water in a plastic container that wasn't
designed for it, the expansion of the ice will sooner or later crack
the container at the mold mark. You can get around this by filling a
bottle a little at a time, tipping the bottle to maximize the surface
area of the water when you put it into the freezer. Tipping also
keeps the ice from getting a square push.

Freezing bottles became much easier after I found a valve-cap that
fits the bottles that "spring water" comes in. Disposable bottles
also allow me to build up a stock of frozen beverage without buying a
lot of California Springs bottles.

If a bottle which had been entirely frozen now has a few drops of
water in it, pour them out on the ground. They will contain every
molecule of salt that was in the water.

Nice tip, except I'm the guy who purposely _adds_ a little salt to his
water! I think it helps prevent leg cramps.

--
- Frank Krygowski