Old February 20th 18, 02:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

Default Ouch. This happened to me once

On Mon, 19 Feb 2018 08:42:11 -0800, Joerg

On 2018-02-19 08:21, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 2/19/2018 10:32 AM, AMuzi wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...shing-car.html

(I was test riding a customer's race bike when Asian Kitchen delivery
turned in. They replaced his bike.)

How odd! The magic paint somehow failed to prevent the collision!

The turn signal of the car shown in the video should have. It is not
wise to blow past a car when its turn signal clearly indicates that the
driver intends to turn into your path. While it is still the fault of
the car driver I do not understand how a cyclist could simply ignore that.

Oh, and bright lights do help in such situations. When a car driver sees
some really bright light in the rear view and outside mirror that does
get their attention. Experienced it myself many times, when they slammed
on the brake pedal.

I knew it. If the bike had only had them super powerful daylight
driving lights on it they would have been safe.

--
Cheers,

John B.