Old March 20th 18, 12:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

Default How long should pedals last?

On 20/03/18 07:43, Joerg wrote:

I get around 5000mi out of pedals and it doesn't seem to matter much
what their price was. Then the bearings are gone. Similar with bottom
brackets. I have always lived in or near hilly terrain which probably
doesn't help.

My preferences are big MTB pedals, both on the MTB and on the road bike.
No clips of any kind.

My Look Keo 2 Max pedals have done probably 50,000km. I think they are
about stuffed. $100 - $150 a pair. I ride plenty of hills and I don't
have little gears. I have inspected the internals once or twice. The
grease is always as new. IOW the seals have not let anything of note pass.

Maybe it is your mountain lions that kill pedals?

Too bad they are not big platform MTB pedals.

--
JS