Old June 15th 15, 03:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default AG: Getting chain grease off the calf

On 6/15/2015 7:53 AM, Jim wrote:
In article , John B.
wrote:

On Sun, 14 Jun 2015 20:13:02 -0300, Joy Beeson
wrote:

This post is late because I was too tired to write when I came home
yesterday -- so tired that I woke up with a gray spot on my calf this
morning.

Well, I forgot the chain grease when I was showering partly because
that was only the second time I didn't wear long pants this spring,
and partly because it rained heavily during the last half mile of the
ride and I was in a big hurry to get my clothes off.

I use the spray on sun-screen to remove chain grease. Works well (for
some reason)

On a recent club ride, someone demonstrated that standard
cream-in-a-tube sunscreen also works well.

I wax my chains, so I don't have much need for these tricks.

--
- Frank Krygowski