Old November 5th 04, 04:49 AM
Chris B.

On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 17:28:26 -0500, Chris B.
wrote:

The law would apply to people who skateboard, ride scooters or in-line
skate. Apparently they have decided to leave adult cyclists alone for
now.

Oops, I was mistaken. This law will apply to cyclists of all ages as
well.

http://www.pulse24.com/News/Top_Stor...4-009/page.asp

My favourite part:

"That includes N.D.P. MPP Michael Prue, who lost his brother to a bike
accident in 1998. “There isn't a day goes by that I don't see someone
on the streets of Toronto, an adult, with no helmet on their head, and
I want to get out of my car or off the sidewalk and I want to grab
them and I want to shake them,” he reflects. “I want to tell them that
this was an absolutely wrong thing, a bad thing to happen."