Old December 23rd 13, 12:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
John B.[_3_]

Default Humorous Bicycle Safety Quiz

On Sun, 22 Dec 2013 09:31:26 -0600, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:

"John B." wrote in message ...

Snipped

So "Pretend you're invisible" is silly. Instead, I'd recommend riding in a visible position in the lane, using lights at night, and be alert and ready to avoid motorists who fail to see you. These have worked for me for 40+ years.

- Frank Krygowski

Gee, I visited the site and all I saw was an add for a $5 discount on

a fifty dollar jersey and since I never wore a $50 shirt in my life I
decided that the site was for the wealthy enthusiast and left :-)

A bicycle jersey is not exactly the same thing as a shirt, but I do agree with your main point. Cycling clothing has gotten extremely costly. In fact, bicycle shops have gotten extremely costly. I guess sometime in the past 20 years the shops have decided they can’t compete with Wal-Mart and have gone after those folks with more money than brains, of which there never seems to be a shortage.

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great

shirt ~ noun
a garment worn on the upper half of the body

Jersey ~ noun common
a close-fitting pullover shirt

--
Cheers,