Old December 23rd 13, 02:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

Default Humorous Bicycle Safety Quiz

"John B." wrote in message ...
[...]
Gee, I visited the site and all I saw was an add for a $5 discount on

a fifty dollar jersey and since I never wore a $50 shirt in my life I
decided that the site was for the wealthy enthusiast and left :-)

Edward Dolan wrote:

A bicycle jersey is not exactly the same thing as a shirt, but I do agree with your main point. Cycling clothing has gotten extremely costly. In fact, bicycle shops have gotten extremely costly. I guess sometime in the past 20 years the shops have decided they can’t compete with Wal-Mart and have gone after those folks with more money than brains, of which there never seems to be a shortage.

shirt ~ noun

a garment worn on the upper half of the body

Jersey ~ noun common

a close-fitting pullover shirt

It is not as simple as that. Bicycle jerseys are made so as to wick body moisture away and yet keep you warm in cool weather and cool in warm weather. Very many bicycle jerseys are high tech indeed. Even so, prices have gone through the roof. The bicycle shops in my vicinity (SW Minnesota and SE South Dakota) are now strictly high end. I avoid them all like I would the plague.

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great