Old July 29th 11, 05:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
landotter

Default Can I use 29er wheel on hybrid bike

On Jul 27, 10:56*pm, AMuzi wrote:
Mike Vogl wrote:
I've got a Trek 7.5 flat-bar road bike, or hybrid, with 700c wheels that I use for commuting and touring. I'd like to upgrade the wheels to something stronger and wider. Can I use 29er wheels, as long as the rear dropout spacing is the same (135mm), the hubs are QR compatible, and they are not disc brake-only? Will the 29er wheels have to be redished? Anything else about this that might get me in trouble? Thanks...

I assume you plan on a coater brake rear wheel?
Else how do you plan to brake it?

Anchor and rope!