Old October 21st 17, 05:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
somebody[_2_]

Default Lithium Ion vs NiMh battery

On Fri, 20 Oct 2017 21:40:42 -0700 (PDT), Sir Ridesalot
wrote:

A while back I asked about using an external NiMh battery instead of an external Lithium Ion battery on a light that came with a Lithium Ion battery. Due to a problem with the Lithium Ion battery pack of mine not holding a charge or for some other reason battery related for the light suddenly going out I put a Tamiya connector onto the light's wire and used my NiMh battery. Guess what? It works perfectly and my battery run time is a LOT longer now than what it was. Seeing as I have a few of these 5000Mah NiMh batteries from my RC boats I can now ride VERY FAR at night with no worry about the light going out suddenly or dimming drastically at low speeds or when stopped.

Cheers

You got a fake battery. Chinese sellers frequenty relabel
low-capacity batteries to show something much higher. Search youtube
for fake li-ion battery - lots of stuff like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFJUPZ0pkog

For me a Chinese li-ion cell is good if it measures 3/4 the label
capacity. Resellers will ship good batteries until they have a decent
number of good reviews and them start shipping the crap cells.

So if you buy some measure capacity right away. Document the results
with photos. Then go back to eBay or Aliexpress and go through the
dispute process. Works for me.

---