Old March 17th 05, 11:17 PM
Tom Kunich

Default BAD seller - Mike Creed Sr.

Let me warn people that Mike Creed Sr. is about as up-front a person that
you can find and that this looks like a case of the notorious Canadian
Postal Service. I ordered an old (nearly antique) frame from a guy in Canada
and got pretty ****ed when I didn't recieve it for over three months.
Eventually it got here almost 6 months after IT WAS MAILED.

If you have been having trouble with Old Man Creed it is a misunderstanding.

"Eric Harvey" wrote in message
Sorry for the cross-posting, but I just want to get the info out on this
a-hole. I have been doing bike-related buying and selling over the
internet
via newsgroups and websites since 1994 and I have never been "burned"
until
this transaction.

On Nov. 23, 2004, I paid Mr. Creed $300 USD via PayPal for a pair of new
Shimano R215 shoes and Dura-Ace SPD-SL pedals that were advertised on
roadbikereview.com. The agreement was to send the package via US Postal
service airmail to me in Canada. They did not arrive before Christmas, but
gave some extra grace period because this is a very busy time for the mail
system.

After not receiving anything by Jan. 11, 2005, I e-mailed Mr. Creed and
inquired. He was very responsive, even offering to "buy new shoes/pedals
and
send them". I told him to first check into the situation with the post
office. He replied on Jan. 21 saying that the USPS had found the package
in
customs and the label had been damaged, hence the delay. He said he would
re-send them by Monday Jan. 24.

By Feb. 17, I started to believe that nothing was coming. I sent Mr. Creed
an e-mail stating that I was unsure about the transaction and its
legitimacy, and that at this point I just wanted my money to be refunded
my PayPal account. Obviously I had no recourse to file a complaint via
PayPal because the 30 day window had expired (edit: it is actually 45
days,
still makes no difference). However, I told Mr. Creed that in the
interests
of fair trade he should refund my money. He replied, initially saying
something about the lost package, I replied back that I just wanted my
money, and he replied saying "refund forthcoming".

It is now Mar. 16, and I have not received a refund. Again, I fully
realize
that I don't really have any grounds, but I have told Mr. Creed that I
would
be posting about his trading habits here and on rec.bicycles newsgroups
where also frequents. I would fully recommend that anyone reading this to
never consider a purchase from Mr. Creed, regardless of the price and
promises.

Mr. Creed, I know you read these newsgroups. Don't try to engage me in a
conversation about the situation. It has been nearly 4 months since you
received my money and I have received nothing! I do not want to talk about
it on this forum or in e-mail. I just want you to simply refund my money
my PayPal account. That is the only honest solution you can provide at
this
point.

Eric