Old June 17th 20, 07:19 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Commander Kinsey

Default Police to investigate driver overtaking cyclist on double lines

On Wed, 17 Jun 2020 15:24:50 +0100, Simon Mason wrote:

On Wednesday, June 17, 2020 at 12:32:45 PM UTC+1, Mike Collins wrote:

Go to Google Maps, measure the distance the cyclist travelled, divide by the time it took.
The numerical answer is left as a exercise for the student.

No need:

QUOTE:
GPS data included on the video footage shows the cyclist was travelling at 20mph at the time.
ENDS

There is video evidence that the driver overtook the cyclist on double unbroken lines when he was travelling at more than DOUBLE the legal speed. Plus it was also unsafe.

Not evidence, or does the cyclist have a camera calibrated to police standards? Dashcam footage of me speeding while overtaking was handed in by one of my neighbours. The pigs ignored it. Home videos can be edited.