Old June 18th 20, 12:22 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Commander Kinsey

Default Police to investigate driver overtaking cyclist on double lines

On Thu, 18 Jun 2020 10:40:23 +0100, Simon Mason wrote:

On Thursday, June 18, 2020 at 8:52:01 AM UTC+1, TMS320 wrote:
On 17/06/2020 20:11, Commander Kinsey wrote:

What we need is a law like in:

Bosnia and Herzegovina
Denmark
Italy
Malta
Netherlands
Serbia
Spain
Sweden

Dashcams are illegal.

They *are* legal in those countries.

The cyclist would be arrested.

In some countries, such a Germany, dashcams are legal so long as
material is not available to the public. Austria, Portugal and
Luxembourg are countries with an outright ban on *dashcams*.

I know they are banned in Austria as I was going to pass through this year and was warned that there were heavy fines for using one - Garmin Nuvicam.

At least you were warned. Nobody warned me radar detectors were illegal in France! I think no law should apply to a tourist unless there's a big sign for you to read at the port telling you the key differences as you cross the border.