Old June 18th 20, 02:13 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Commander Kinsey

Default Police to investigate driver overtaking cyclist on double lines

On Thu, 18 Jun 2020 12:34:34 +0100, Simon Mason wrote:

On Thursday, June 18, 2020 at 12:17:29 PM UTC+1, TMS320 wrote:

I know they are banned in Austria as I was going to pass through this
year and was warned that there were heavy fines for using one -
Garmin Nuvicam.

As some say, it's completely daft. Austria have a heavy fine for just
possessing a dashcam but nothing to stop possession of any other camera
and using it to film the scenery. A Garmin is a satnav. Would they
really expect you to open it up and remove the camera?

I would have put some black tape over the lens until I passed into Slovakia.

And that tape has always been there sir? You didn't slip it on as we stopped you? Out of the car, handcuffs on.