Old January 15th 17, 09:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

Default Need advice on bottom bracket repair

On Sun, 15 Jan 2017 06:33:45 +0700, John B.
wrote:

I've no idea of
costs in the U.S. but here a cheap Chinese wrench costs, maybe, a
dollar, or even three :-)

http://www.harborfreight.com/hand-tools/wrenches/9-piece-metric-highly-polished-combo-wrench-set-42305.html
9 wrenches for $6 or an average of $0.67/ea. It's sometimes cheaper
to buy a set than a single wrench. I have certain sizes that I use
commonly. I search the flea markets and garage sales for these. Most
end up having handles or "torque amplifier" extensions brazed on, so
the general condition is not an issue. Average garage sale price is
about $0.25 for the small wrenches and totally random for larger
wrenches. They seem to be priced by their weight.

Also, I ordered 4 of these last week, but they haven't arrived yet.
One each for the bicycle tool kit, microscope repair kit, automobile
tool box, and Skil saw. They're guaranteed to break off a pin if
forced, but at the price, it's difficult to complain.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D