Is Michael J. Vandeman PhD a Fraud?

Old October 1st 09, 09:30 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Kayak44

Default Is Michael J. Vandeman PhD a Fraud?

Why does Michael J. Vandeman avoid the airline question? Will he be
outed as a fraud? Is he one of those people who feel they can do as
they please while telling others they should do things differently?

Michael J. Vandeman, PhD, please explain to us why you use commercial
air travel when you claimed that aircraft were just convenient for
people who don't care about the environment.

In regards to aircraft being essential for conservation, you wrote:

"BS. Not "essential", just "convenient" for people who don't care
about the environment. What do you think we did before the airplane
was invented? Darwin did the most for wildlife, and never flew in an
airplane. The view from the air is BS. It ALWAYS has to be "ground-
truthed" anyway. You are just embarrassed to be caught in your own
HYPOCRISY."

You ask what we did before the airplane was invented and yet you take
commercial airlines to environmental conferences around the globe. Why
didn't you do as Darwin did and take a sailing ship? Why are you such
a hypocrite when it comes to your own conveince? Do you not care about
the environment like you accused others who use airplanes? Is it
different for you for some reason?

Old October 1st 09, 10:57 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment

On Oct 1, 4:30*pm, Kayak44 wrote:
Why does Michael J. Vandeman avoid the airline question? Will he be
outed as a fraud? Is he one of those people who feel they can do as
they please while telling others they should do things differently?

•• I don't think so, but he is spamming several groups

Old October 2nd 09, 02:06 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Jeff Strickland[_2_]

"Kayak44" wrote in message
Why does Michael J. Vandeman avoid the airline question? Will he be
outed as a fraud? Is he one of those people who feel they can do as
they please while telling others they should do things differently?

His PhD came from an online school, they sell the program for $50.

Old October 2nd 09, 05:16 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Jym Dyer

Why does Michael J. Vandeman avoid the airline question?

=v= You may not like what the guy has to say, but it is on-topic
for these newsgroups. Constant insincere _ad_hominem_ needling
about "environmentalism" and airplanes is not only ineffective,
it's completely off-topic. Time to give it a rest.

His PhD came from an online school, they sell the program
for $50.

=v= Similarly, spreading outright falsehoods is nothing but
a waste of time.
_Jym_

Old October 2nd 09, 01:12 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Kayak44

On Oct 2, 12:16*am, Jym Dyer wrote:
Why does Michael J. Vandeman avoid the airline question?

=v= You may not like what the guy has to say, but it is on-topic
for these newsgroups. *Constant insincere _ad_hominem_ needling
about "environmentalism" and airplanes is not only ineffective,
it's completely off-topic. *Time to give it a rest.

Nope. It's completely on-topic. If Michael J. Vandeman talks-the-talk,
he should also walk-the-walk.

Selfishness is the same whether it's riding a mountain-bike or flying
in an Airbus.
Old October 3rd 09, 02:56 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Jeff Strickland[_2_]

"Jym Dyer" wrote in message
Why does Michael J. Vandeman avoid the airline question?

=v= You may not like what the guy has to say, but it is on-topic
for these newsgroups. Constant insincere _ad_hominem_ needling
about "environmentalism" and airplanes is not only ineffective,
it's completely off-topic. Time to give it a rest.

His PhD came from an online school, they sell the program
for $50.

=v= Similarly, spreading outright falsehoods is nothing but
a waste of time.
_Jym_

My personal experience in matters of offroad and back country travel is both
wider and deeper that Michael J. Vandeman's. He has repeatedly been shown to
make **** up as he goes along. His PhD is completely unrelated to any
environmental cause he champions.

Given the massive scope and scale of his agenda, he could be 100% correct on
everything, and we could halt all affroad travel tomorron based solely on
the crap he spews, and we might (that's M-I-G-H-T, maybe but not likely)
manage to protect and preserve 0.004% of the wild habitat, and some not so
wild habitat. Maybe. 0.004%. Maybe.

Even if Mike was 100% correct, but we did not stop all offroad travel, we
stand to harm 0.004% of habitat for recreational pursuits.

Do the math. Mike got his PhD from a CrackerJack box.

Old October 3rd 09, 08:04 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Donald[_3_]

"Kayak44" wrote in message
[...]

Who cares.........get a life

Old October 4th 09, 12:49 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Kayak44

On Oct 3, 3:04*pm, "Donald" wrote:
"Kayak44" wrote in message

[...]

Who cares.........get a life- Hide quoted text -

You care, that's why you took time out to read and respond. Thank you
for caring.
Old October 4th 09, 08:53 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Kayak44

On Oct 4, 2:16*pm, Jym Dyer wrote:

delete follow up to alt.flame

Constant insincere _ad_hominem_ needling about
"environmentalism" and airplanes is not only ineffective,
it's completely off-topic. *Time to give it a rest.

Nope. It's completely on-topic. If Michael J. Vandeman
talks-the-talk, he should also walk-the-walk.

=x= That is not on-topic for the bicycle groups, nor for the
backcountry group. *It's theoretically marginally on-topic for
ca.environment because the (as far as you know, sole and only)
plane flight you keep going on about may have left from this
state, but that's hardly much of a peg to hang this hat on.

Nope, I'm not talking about a single flight, but thanks for your
assumption.

=x= Perhaps you're one of those people who don't get what
sci.environment is for. *If what you've got has anything to
do with science AND the environment, it's on-topic. *If it's
got nothing to do with science, that's what talk.environment
is for. *But as I said, it's clear that you're not being at
all sincere and it's entirely _ad_hominem_, so really it's
not on-topic anywhere but alt.flame.

Nope, I'm as sincere as you are with netcopping. If Mikes a fraud he
should be outed as a fraud.

Selfishness is the same whether it's riding a mountain-bike
or flying in an Airbus.

=x= Again, selfishness is an entirely other topic, and not
what any of these newsgroups were created to discuss.

If ALL the posts in these groups were on topic, maybe I'd care what
you have to say. Your replies to me are as off-topic as any.

=x= Again, please give it a rest. *If you don't like what he
posts and how much he posts, emulating that activity is an
ineffective waste. *Just a one-way ticket to Plonksville.
* * _Jym_

Are you serious? Good lord man, then plonk and be done.

Public threats about it are just pathetic.
Old October 8th 09, 05:19 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Kayak44

On Oct 8, 1:43*am, Jym Dyer wrote:
=x= Again, please give it a rest. *If you don't like what he
posts and how much he posts, emulating that activity is an
ineffective waste. *Just a one-way ticket to Plonksville.

Are you serious? Good lord man, then plonk and be done.

Public threats about it are just pathetic.

=x= It's not a threat. *Honestly, it's just friendly advice.
* * _Jym_

I don't need posting advice from you anymore than you need derailleur
adjusting advice from me.

If you don't like what I'm posting, filter it or ignore it instead of
playing games like responding with follow-ups to alt. flame.