Michael J. Vandeman Trail Dec 10.

Old December 15th 10, 12:49 AM posted to rec.backcountry,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,ca.environment,sci.environment
Tºm Shermªn™ °_°[_2_]

Default Bears

On 12/14/2010 3:29 PM, Edward Dolan wrote:
Coastal Brown Bear ... what is that? I know about black bears and grizzly
bears, but never heard of Coastal Brown Bears. Next thing you know, he will
be telling us all about unicorns. Zoology 101

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_Bear
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kodiak_Bear

--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.
Old December 15th 10, 12:51 AM posted to rec.backcountry,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,ca.environment,sci.environment
Tºm Shermªn™ °_°[_2_]

On 12/14/2010 1:26 PM, you wrote:
In ,
"Edward wrote:

wrote in message
In ,
"Edward wrote:

Once at Glacier National Park there was a dad with his kids telling them
that the animal coming at them was a moose. My God, it was a grizzly
bear! I
told everyone to run for their lives and we all got back in our cars tout
suite!

What an insightful Story.... Uncle Eddie, the Great Outdoorsman, sees a
Rocky Mountain Brown Bear, and tells everyone to "Run for their
lives".... That is exactly the WRONG thing to do when meeting a Brown
Bear in the bush.... it is just to [too] bad that he didn't munch you....
Eddie the Great DUFUS.....

"you" has got grizzly bears confused with teddy bears. Why does this not
surprise me? Yea, it is ever the hallmark of idiots to confuse teddy bears
with grizzly bears. He probably thinks rattlesnakes are just big worms too.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Eddie the Great Dufus responds... with more BS... Hey Eddie, I live in
Coastal Brown Bear country, out in the bush of alaska, and have Brownies
as neighbors. My Brown Bear neighbors can out run ANY human, that ever
lived, on the order of two to one... so running is just plain STUPID....
You are so far off the accepted way to deal with Brown Bear encounters,
as to be negligent... Good thing you stay in your Hermit Hole, and do
not venture into Brown Bear country much, otherwise we would hear about
Eddie the Great Dufus, being munched, but the world would class that as
"No Great Loss".....

Ed is old, and probably not very tasty to a bear.

Old December 15th 10, 04:16 AM posted to rec.backcountry,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,ca.environment,sci.environment
Edward Dolan

"Tºm ShermªnT °_°" " wrote in
message ...
On 12/14/2010 3:29 PM, Edward Dolan wrote:
Coastal Brown Bear ... what is that? I know about black bears and grizzly
bears, but never heard of Coastal Brown Bears. Next thing you know, he
will
be telling us all about unicorns. Zoology 101

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_Bear
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kodiak_Bear

I have never seen a Brown Bear in my life (except on TV of course), but I
have seen a few grizzly bears. My little story referenced grizzly bears. Why
was "YOU" bothering me about Brown Bears? Obviously my charisma is
irresistible to one and all!

Old December 15th 10, 04:27 AM posted to rec.backcountry,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,ca.environment,sci.environment
Tºm Shermªn™ °_°[_2_]

On 12/14/2010 10:16 PM, Edward Dolan wrote:
"T�m Sherm�nT " wrote in
message ...
On 12/14/2010 3:29 PM, Edward Dolan wrote:
Coastal Brown Bear ... what is that? I know about black bears and grizzly
bears, but never heard of Coastal Brown Bears. Next thing you know, he
will
be telling us all about unicorns. Zoology 101

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_Bear
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kodiak_Bear

I have never seen a Brown Bear in my life (except on TV of course), but I
have seen a few grizzly bears. My little story referenced grizzly bears. Why
was "YOU" bothering me about Brown Bears? Obviously my charisma is
irresistible to one and all!

The grizzly bear (Ursus arctos horribilis) is a subspecies of the brown
bear (Ursus arctos).

Ed Dolan is a misanthrope, which is a subspecies of hermit.

Old December 15th 10, 04:53 AM posted to rec.backcountry,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,ca.environment,sci.environment
Edward Dolan

"Tºm ShermªnT °_°" " wrote in
message ...
On 12/14/2010 10:16 PM, Edward Dolan wrote:

[...]
I have never seen a Brown Bear in my life (except on TV of course), but I
have seen a few grizzly bears. My little story referenced grizzly bears.
Why
was "YOU" bothering me about Brown Bears? Obviously my charisma is
irresistible to one and all!

The grizzly bear (Ursus arctos horribilis) is a subspecies of the brown
bear (Ursus arctos).

"YOU" wanted to talk about Brown Bears. I was talking about a grizzly bear.
What is there about this that you do not understand? Logic 101

Ed Dolan is a misanthrope, which is a subspecies of hermit.

I wish I were a subspecies. The human species broadly speaking is totally
disgusting and revolting. I would rather have been a tiger ... or a lone
eagle. The human mostly closely resembles the chimpanzee. All such social
animals belong in Hell where they can pick at one another for all eternity.

Old December 15th 10, 08:28 AM posted to rec.backcountry,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,ca.environment,sci.environment
Tºm Shermªn™ °_°[_2_]

On 12/14/2010 10:53 PM, Edward Dolan wrote:
"T�m Sherm�nT " wrote in
message ...
On 12/14/2010 10:16 PM, Edward Dolan wrote:

[...]
I have never seen a Brown Bear in my life (except on TV of course), but I
have seen a few grizzly bears. My little story referenced grizzly bears.
Why
was "YOU" bothering me about Brown Bears? Obviously my charisma is
irresistible to one and all!

The grizzly bear (Ursus arctos horribilis) is a subspecies of the brown
bear (Ursus arctos).

"YOU" wanted to talk about Brown Bears. I was talking about a grizzly bear.
What is there about this that you do not understand? Logic 101

Why do you capitalize "brown bears"?

Of course, there is "The Black Bear":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIg6sk0Pscw (0:51 and on).

Ed Dolan is a misanthrope, which is a subspecies of hermit.

I wish I were a subspecies. The human species broadly speaking is totally
disgusting and revolting. I would rather have been a tiger ...

I have a 10-pound tiger trying to walk on my keyboard while I type.

or a lone
eagle. The human mostly closely resembles the chimpanzee. All such social
animals belong in Hell where they can pick at one another for all eternity.

Pretty cold for a chimpanzee:
http://www.wunderground.com/US/MI/Hell.html?bannertypeclick=big2.

Old December 15th 10, 05:08 PM posted to rec.backcountry,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,ca.environment,sci.environment
Edward Dolan

"Tºm ShermªnT °_°" " wrote in
message ...
On 12/14/2010 10:53 PM, Edward Dolan wrote:
"T?m Sherm?nT " wrote in
message ...
On 12/14/2010 10:16 PM, Edward Dolan wrote:

[...]
I have never seen a Brown Bear in my life (except on TV of course), but
have seen a few grizzly bears. My little story referenced grizzly
bears.
Why
was "YOU" bothering me about Brown Bears? Obviously my charisma is
irresistible to one and all!

The grizzly bear (Ursus arctos horribilis) is a subspecies of the brown
bear (Ursus arctos).

"YOU" wanted to talk about Brown Bears. I was talking about a grizzly
bear.
What is there about this that you do not understand? Logic 101

Why do you capitalize "brown bears"?

Because that idiot "you" did.

Of course, there is "The Black Bear":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIg6sk0Pscw (0:51 and on).

Ed Dolan is a misanthrope, which is a subspecies of hermit.

I wish I were a subspecies. The human species broadly speaking is totally
disgusting and revolting. I would rather have been a tiger ...

I have a 10-pound tiger trying to walk on my keyboard while I type.

My male cats are getting huge, but my female cats remain small.

or a lone
eagle. The human mostly closely resembles the chimpanzee. All such social
animals belong in Hell where they can pick at one another for all
eternity.

Pretty cold for a chimpanzee:
http://www.wunderground.com/US/MI/Hell.html?bannertypeclick=big2.

Did you know that I am also a wizard and I am going to bring back the
Spanish Inquisition and sic them on you.

Old December 16th 10, 12:04 AM posted to rec.backcountry,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,ca.environment,sci.environment
Tºm Shermªn™ °_°[_2_]

On 12/15/2010 11:08 AM, Edward Dolan wrote:
"T�m Sherm�nT " wrote in
message ...
[...]

My female tuxedo cat is 10.8 pounds without being fat.

or a lone
eagle. The human mostly closely resembles the chimpanzee. All such social
animals belong in Hell where they can pick at one another for all
eternity.

Pretty cold for a chimpanzee:
http://www.wunderground.com/US/MI/Hell.html?bannertypeclick=big2.

Did you know that I am also a wizard and I am going to bring back the
Spanish Inquisition and sic them on you.

I wasn't expecting a kind of Spanish Inquisition!

Old December 16th 10, 07:16 AM posted to rec.backcountry,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,ca.environment,sci.environment
Bruce Jensen

Default Opus regrets

On Dec 14, 11:26*am, you wrote:
In article ,
*"Edward Dolan" wrote:

"you" wrote in message
In article ,
"Edward Dolan" wrote:

[...]

No "Brown" bears in the lower 48, which are a subspecies of grizz
(Ursus Arctos). We have Grizz in Yellowstone, Idaho, the Mission Mts,
Bob Marshall Wilderness and Glacier; maybe some in far northeastern
Washington state and the North Cascades; and black bear many places;
that's it. No grizz in Colorado (to speak of) in decades.

You don't run away from either one; you cannot outrun either, and both
have a modest chase instinct. With a grizz, you respectfully walk
away backwards gently, not meeting his gaze, and talking evenly. With
a black bear, you generally do the same, if you feel like it, although
he's likely to run before you have the chance. I've never had trouble
with either variety. Ed, however, makes his own trouble so he can
talk about it afterwards online...'cause he's a 'tard :-D.
Old December 16th 10, 07:21 AM posted to rec.backcountry,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,ca.environment,sci.environment
Tºm Shermªn™ °_°[_2_]

On 12/16/2010 1:16 AM, Bruce Jensen wrote:
On Dec 14, 11:26 am, wrote:
In ,
"Edward wrote:

wrote in message
In ,
"Edward wrote:

[...]

I think you mean the opposite.

(Ursus Arctos). We have Grizz in Yellowstone, Idaho, the Mission Mts,
Bob Marshall Wilderness and Glacier; maybe some in far northeastern
Washington state and the North Cascades; and black bear many places;
that's it. No grizz in Colorado (to speak of) in decades.

You don't run away from either one; you cannot outrun either, and both
have a modest chase instinct. With a grizz, you respectfully walk
away backwards gently, not meeting his gaze, and talking evenly. With
a black bear, you generally do the same, if you feel like it, although
he's likely to run before you have the chance. I've never had trouble
with either variety. Ed, however, makes his own trouble so he can
talk about it afterwards online...'cause he's a 'tard :-D.

This advice is wrong. Ed should go to Kodiak Island in the spring, and
whack a brown bear cub with a stick.