A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » rec.bicycles » Techniques
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Curiosity Killed the Cat



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old January 15th 17, 03:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 5,270
Default Curiosity Killed the Cat

On Saturday, January 14, 2017 at 4:54:55 PM UTC-5, Duane wrote:
Andrew Chaplin wrote:
AMuzi wrote in news
On 1/14/2017 11:01 AM, Tim McNamara wrote:
On Fri, 13 Jan 2017 11:25:58 +1100, James
wrote:
On 13/01/17 09:00, AMuzi wrote:

Long leadup to:

Mrs Schrodinger asked, "What have you done to the cat? She looks
half-dead."


Which half?

I am not certain of that.

But we know the velocity.


Is it African or European?


Laden or unladen?

--
duane


Doesn't matter. Thread says "Curiosity killed the cat". However the next line should be "But satisfaction brought it back".

Cheers
Ads
  #22  
Old January 15th 17, 05:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_6_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,202
Default Curiosity Killed the Cat

On Sat, 14 Jan 2017 19:38:53 -0800 (PST), Sir Ridesalot
wrote:

On Saturday, January 14, 2017 at 4:54:55 PM UTC-5, Duane wrote:
Andrew Chaplin wrote:
AMuzi wrote in news
On 1/14/2017 11:01 AM, Tim McNamara wrote:
On Fri, 13 Jan 2017 11:25:58 +1100, James
wrote:
On 13/01/17 09:00, AMuzi wrote:

Long leadup to:

Mrs Schrodinger asked, "What have you done to the cat? She looks
half-dead."


Which half?

I am not certain of that.

But we know the velocity.

Is it African or European?


Laden or unladen?

--
duane


Doesn't matter. Thread says "Curiosity killed the cat". However the next line should be "But satisfaction brought it back".

Cheers


But. Was the cat riding a bicycle?
--
cheers,

John B.

  #23  
Old January 15th 17, 09:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tosspot[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,563
Default Curiosity Killed the Cat

On 15/01/17 03:24, Tim McNamara wrote:
On Sat, 14 Jan 2017 14:34:30 -0600, AMuzi wrote:
On 1/14/2017 11:01 AM, Tim McNamara wrote:
On Fri, 13 Jan 2017 11:25:58 +1100, James
wrote:
On 13/01/17 09:00, AMuzi wrote:

Long leadup to:

Mrs Schrodinger asked, "What have you done to the cat? She looks
half-dead."

Which half?

I am not certain of that.


But we know the velocity.


Good, but for some reason I can't locate the cat.


Don't panic, it got tangled up with me.

  #24  
Old January 15th 17, 02:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Theodore Heise[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 132
Default Curiosity Killed the Cat

On Thu, 12 Jan 2017 13:49:10 -0800 (PST),
wrote:
On Thursday, January 12, 2017 at 1:31:51 PM UTC-8, Doug Landau wrote:
On Thursday, January 12, 2017 at 1:22:14 PM UTC-8, wrote:


....This assault on poor Ted with everything from lighting
his frame on fire to pounding it into flakes with a hammer
was pretty entertaining as long as you weren't Ted unaware
that most of the help here isn't since the exit of Jobst and
Sheldon.


How does the title of this thread relate to the subject?


If you do not understand these and these lunatic suggestions to
Ted on how to "loosen" his bottom bracket I don't have to
wonder why YOU don't have any curiosity about it.

I can only conclude that Frank was getting a good laugh at
everyone else but me and Andrew. Luckily Ted seemed to take it
all in good humor.


Well, some of the discussion was fairly obviously theoretical
(e.g., what chemical treatments that might deal with various
oxides), but the line between practical and hypoethetical
approaches wasn't always entirely clear--especially with heating.
I filtered it all with what seemed to be possible within my range
of skills and available tools. Don't know if that's evidence of
good humor, good thinking, or stubborness. Maybe a bit of each.

I did enjoy the inputs, and most of the exchanges. Thanks to all!

--
Ted Heise Bloomington, IN, USA
  #25  
Old January 16th 17, 02:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joy Beeson
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,638
Default Curiosity Killed the Cat

On Sun, 15 Jan 2017 12:13:50 +0700, John B.
wrote:

But. Was the cat riding a bicycle?


My neighbor's cat used to love to ride on my bicycle. I had a pair of
nylon panniers that draped over the rack, so the cloth connecting them
made a solid platform that he could get his claws into. Whenever he
jumped up there, I'd take a few laps in the driveway. (I think he
would have gone travelling with me, but I was afraid to take him out
into traffic.)

Once I leaned the bike against the garage and went inside for quite a
while. When I came out again, Tiger was still sitting on the rack, so
I took him on another lap.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net
http://wlweather.net/PAGEJOY/
  #26  
Old January 19th 17, 01:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Phil Lee
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 248
Default Curiosity Killed the Cat

Joy Beeson considered Sun, 15 Jan 2017
22:51:03 -0400 the perfect time to write:

On Sun, 15 Jan 2017 12:13:50 +0700, John B.
wrote:

But. Was the cat riding a bicycle?


My neighbor's cat used to love to ride on my bicycle. I had a pair of
nylon panniers that draped over the rack, so the cloth connecting them
made a solid platform that he could get his claws into. Whenever he
jumped up there, I'd take a few laps in the driveway. (I think he
would have gone travelling with me, but I was afraid to take him out
into traffic.)

Once I leaned the bike against the garage and went inside for quite a
while. When I came out again, Tiger was still sitting on the rack, so
I took him on another lap.


We used to have a cat called Tiger, who delighted in traveling on the
parcel shelf in the back of our car (carpet on that, for him to cling
on to).
He'd sit there unmoving for ages, until we got caught in traffic, then
stand up, stretch elaborately, turn around, and lay down again, much
to the surprise of any other surrounding motorists, who'd assumed he
was a toy until he moved. We got used to kids pointing him out with
excitement to their amused parents, and on occasion even had to wind
down the window to inform them that yes, he really was a live cat, and
he liked to travel that way
  #27  
Old January 19th 17, 02:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,424
Default Curiosity Killed the Cat

On Wednesday, January 18, 2017 at 5:55:53 PM UTC-8, Phil Lee wrote:
Joy Beeson considered Sun, 15 Jan 2017
22:51:03 -0400 the perfect time to write:

On Sun, 15 Jan 2017 12:13:50 +0700, John B.
wrote:

But. Was the cat riding a bicycle?


My neighbor's cat used to love to ride on my bicycle. I had a pair of
nylon panniers that draped over the rack, so the cloth connecting them
made a solid platform that he could get his claws into. Whenever he
jumped up there, I'd take a few laps in the driveway. (I think he
would have gone travelling with me, but I was afraid to take him out
into traffic.)

Once I leaned the bike against the garage and went inside for quite a
while. When I came out again, Tiger was still sitting on the rack, so
I took him on another lap.


We used to have a cat called Tiger, who delighted in traveling on the
parcel shelf in the back of our car (carpet on that, for him to cling
on to).
He'd sit there unmoving for ages, until we got caught in traffic, then
stand up, stretch elaborately, turn around, and lay down again, much
to the surprise of any other surrounding motorists, who'd assumed he
was a toy until he moved. We got used to kids pointing him out with
excitement to their amused parents, and on occasion even had to wind
down the window to inform them that yes, he really was a live cat, and
he liked to travel that way


Here's one riding on the handlebars of a harley
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS2TLgQiqR0
  #28  
Old January 19th 17, 04:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 10,538
Default Curiosity Killed the Cat

On 1/18/2017 8:55 PM, Phil Lee wrote:


We used to have a cat called Tiger, who delighted in traveling on the
parcel shelf in the back of our car (carpet on that, for him to cling
on to).
He'd sit there unmoving for ages, until we got caught in traffic, then
stand up, stretch elaborately, turn around, and lay down again, much
to the surprise of any other surrounding motorists, who'd assumed he
was a toy until he moved. We got used to kids pointing him out with
excitement to their amused parents, and on occasion even had to wind
down the window to inform them that yes, he really was a live cat, and
he liked to travel that way


Ah. Much nicer than the two cats belonging to my daughter and her
husband. When they moved back east from Portland, my wife and I had the
job of doing a 5 day epic drive in their Mustang with two cats yowling
in terror the entire way! :-( The things we do for our kids...


--
- Frank Krygowski
  #29  
Old January 19th 17, 05:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,424
Default Curiosity Killed the Cat

On Wednesday, January 18, 2017 at 8:32:30 PM UTC-8, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 1/18/2017 8:55 PM, Phil Lee wrote:


We used to have a cat called Tiger, who delighted in traveling on the
parcel shelf in the back of our car (carpet on that, for him to cling
on to).
He'd sit there unmoving for ages, until we got caught in traffic, then
stand up, stretch elaborately, turn around, and lay down again, much
to the surprise of any other surrounding motorists, who'd assumed he
was a toy until he moved. We got used to kids pointing him out with
excitement to their amused parents, and on occasion even had to wind
down the window to inform them that yes, he really was a live cat, and
he liked to travel that way


Ah. Much nicer than the two cats belonging to my daughter and her
husband. When they moved back east from Portland, my wife and I had the
job of doing a 5 day epic drive in their Mustang with two cats yowling
in terror the entire way! :-( The things we do for our kids...


If you were thinkin you coulda picked up some ganj while still in Portland, as soon as that **** started, blown a hit or two in their direction, and driven home in peace.




 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OT Curiosity. atriage[_6_] Racing 0 November 25th 11 07:43 PM
Tensiometer curiosity richard Techniques 22 April 2nd 07 04:12 AM
out of curiosity... adypops Unicycling 23 April 7th 06 10:34 AM
Curiosity- why chain on right? Tom Weaver Techniques 22 August 5th 05 02:53 PM
Another curiosity question Tom Weaver Techniques 15 June 8th 05 12:00 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2022 CycleBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.