Bicycle commuting

Old June 26th 20, 02:43 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Bicycle commuting

On 6/25/2020 3:17 PM, wrote:
On Wednesday, June 24, 2020 at 6:41:49 PM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 6/24/2020 8:29 PM, news18 wrote:
On Wed, 24 Jun 2020 07:21:11 -0700, cyclintom wrote:

On Monday, June 22, 2020 at 9:42:43 PM UTC-7, news18 wrote:

So the USA has 120,000 just randomly dieing each week!

On your brightest day you would embarrass a moron.

I'll take that as a yes, you are talking throught your addled brain stem
again. It is pretty plain.

why you sign on anonymously.

Lol, if you had an IT clue, you could find my name on the internet very
easily

Let's remember that in a bad seasonal flu year that we can lose as
many people and they aren't just the old and sick. They are 5 years
old and under who cannot be vaccinated.

Funny, Australia vaccinated from 6 MONTHS and older.

Vaccinations while pushed by manufacturers of vaccines for children
under 5 often do not take. In small children in particular they can
cause extreme allergic reactions

Given what else I've seen of the USA, I'm not surprised that $$ rules the
quality of medical services over your place.

Not the case here.

and this is why most parents do not
want to vaccinate children.

Must be a USA thing. Only the ignorant do not vaccinate their kids as
soon as possible.

It's not a USA thing. Like so much else, it's a Tom's Imagination thing.

From
https://www.contemporarypediatrics.c...y-unvaccinated

"According to the report, published in the Morbidity and Mortality
Weekly Report (MMWR), 1.3% of children born in 2015 had not received any
vaccinations by the 2017 National Immunization Survey-Child
(NIS-Child).1 This figure indicates an upward trend in children in the
19-month to 35-month age group going without vaccinations, up from 0.9%
in 2011 and 0.3% in 2001."

Roughly 99% of American parents get their kids vaccinated. Nobody holds
a gun to their head. They do it because they want to. They know it's smart.

--
- Frank Krygowski

As is usual you simply cannot wait to show your total ignorance of the world outside of your classroom:

"The influenza virus has yet to hit the Northern Hemisphere, but flu vaccine season is already in full swing, with banners outside pharmacies urging: "Get Your Flu Shot Now." What's not advertised, however, is just how lackluster the vaccine is. The most commonly used flu shots protect no more than 60% of people who receive them; some years, effectiveness plunges to as low as 10%. Given that a bad flu season can kill 50,000 people in the United States alone, "10% to 60% protection is better than nothing," says Michael Osterholm, an epidemiologist at the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis. "But it's a terribly inadequate vaccine for a serious public health threat." Now, researchers are striving to understand why it fails so often—and how to make a markedly better one."

The CDC notes that the flu is very dangerous to young children and while it doesn't a lot of deaths it does cause a great deal of mental disabilities. Probably Frank wouldn't notice judging from the way he writes he was a victim himself.

Another thing - there are NO ways of testing for seasonal flu because it mutates every year. Therefore the only way of estimating flu deaths is entirely a doctors symptomatic diagnosis. The CDC is limited to reporting deaths according to that on the death certificates but estimates that in a typical season that they are understated by 300%.

To Frank the world is simple because he is.

Such an elaborate deflection to avoid admitting you were wrong!

Your claim was "most parents do not want to vaccinate children." As
usual, data shows you were completely wrong. So you threw some grade
school insults and tried to pretend we were talking about whether the
flu vaccine is effective.

Normal people don't need such tactics to try to retain their illusion of
self-worth. You seem really, really desperate.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old June 26th 20, 08:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Thursday, June 25, 2020 at 6:43:24 PM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 6/25/2020 3:17 PM, wrote:
[...]

I expect that this is your effort to be even more delusional than usual.

Go put your mask on and social distance. After all it doesn't occur a person who has represented himself as an engineer to wonder how a mask could stop a virus which is an RNA molecule. Most engineers are supposed to be aware how small molecules are but you prefer telling everyone that I didn't hit my head against a branch because you looked at a google map picture from 8 years previous to the event. Impress us all by telling us with your full Engineering knowledge how a mask could stop a virus and how intellectually superior Democrat Governors are telling people that they should not allow healthy people to make a living while the governors themselves have large guaranteed incomes.
Old June 27th 20, 12:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

wrote:
[...]

Tom, will you please quit flailing around, trying to find some subject
on which you're correct?

Above, I was talking about just one sentence of yours - your claim that
most parents don't want to get kids vaccinated. It's flat wrong. Just
admit it.

I said nothing at all about masks, virus sizes or anything you're now
raving about.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old June 27th 20, 08:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

wrote:
[...]

On your brightest day you couldn't light a candle. The most common influenza vaccine used these days is made via recombinant DNA According to the CDC it is ONLY licensed to use on people 18 and older and their page says "People who are not within the FDA-approved age range (those younger than 18 years) and people with known severe allergic reactions to any component of the vaccine should not get Flublok Quadrivalent."

In what world do you live where you think that you can invent your own responses to vaccines?
Old June 27th 20, 08:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

wrote:
[...]

Hey you stinking POS - tell me I didn't hit my head. That shows exactly what you are and what your mental state actually is.
Old June 27th 20, 09:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

wrote:
[...]

I'm positive you hit your head. The symptoms are obvious. I just don't
believe you did it on a tree branch hanging low over a well-traveled road.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old June 27th 20, 10:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AK[_2_]

On Sunday, June 21, 2020 at 9:47:08 AM UTC-5, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 6/20/2020 10:10 PM, news18 wrote:
On Sat, 20 Jun 2020 18:59:48 -0700, wrote:

On Friday, June 19, 2020 at 9:41:10 AM UTC-5, wrote:
As I've said elsewhere and literally forever, you will not get bicycle
commuting until you get reasonable distances to commute.

No offense intended. But that statement is not exactly a revelation. I
commuted via bicycle for a few years. It made sense for me because 1.
I had no other choice. And 2. It was 2 miles to work via not too
heavily traveled roads.

Throughout my life time, there has been various reasons for comnmuting by
bicycle. These were/are;
First reason for commuting by bicycle; it was that or walk.
Second reason for commuting by bicycle; it was quicker than the multiple
public transport services.
Third reason for commuting by bicycle; it was cheaper than buying and
maintaining a car.
Fourth reason for commuting by bicycle; it is cheaper to run and maintain
than a motor vehicle.
Fifth reason that comes to mind; it can be exercise whilst commuting and
only fools drive a car and go to gyms for there "exercise". Saves time
and money.

I'll add a reason, although it's probably a detail regarding your fifth
reason: Riding is good for my mental health.

I noticed that on days I biked to work instead of drove the car or rode
the motorcycle, my attitude and energy were better all day. And
conversely, when weather was crappy and I couldn't ride for long
periods, I tended to get into a funk. A few miles on the bike generally
fixed that.

--
- Frank Krygowski

It's called a bikers high.

Andy
Old June 29th 20, 06:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

wrote:
[...]

Someone as old and broken down as you are can't even recognize your own symptoms of dementia but you are showing them more and more with every posting you make. That's OK, You can keep company with Joe Biden in the great lake of fire. Both of you have the same moral compass.

Commuting Via Bicycle [email protected] General 5 January 15th 17 04:49 PM
Another commuting win for the bicycle Simon Mason UK 94 October 28th 11 05:19 PM
When looking for a bicycle - helpful guide to bicycle commuting Postman Delivers Marketplace 0 November 13th 10 08:07 AM
Commuting by Bicycle John General 0 December 9th 03 09:23 PM
Commuting by Bicycle John Off Road 0 December 9th 03 09:01 PM