The Big Apple's thin reflective whitewall

Old June 28th 05, 02:31 AM
Richard

Default The Big Apple's thin reflective whitewall

Regarding the Schwalbe Big Apple 2.35 on a 29er.

One thing that has always bugged me about this tire is the thin
reflective whitewall ( I know, call me shallow and vain). It appears to
be an overlay and probably could be removed.

So my question to this forum:
Has anyone tried to remove this ugly reflective piece?

--
Richard - Guest
Richard's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10270

Old June 28th 05, 04:04 AM
Ben Plotkin-Swing

The reflective strip is the best part of the tire! (besides the
excellent riding characteristics...)

The strip on mine has worn a little. I'll bet you could scrape it off,
but it would take some work.

Ben

--
Ben Plotkin-Swing - MUni rider

www.benps.com

"Every truly great accomplishment is at first impossible" -Fortune
cookie.
Ben Plotkin-Swing's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/378

Old June 28th 05, 09:51 PM
sarah.miller

I like that strip, I think its great way to make the wheel more
noticable after dark in traffic. A good saftey feature.

--
sarah.miller - SWUM unicyclist

South West Unicycle Meet
www.uk.unicyclist.com/swum.html
sarah.miller's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1694

Old June 29th 05, 12:45 AM
halfbike

I think it's sweet. My sister has one on her nimbus, and I love how
reflective it is. I wish my coker had one.

--
halfbike - Obsessed Rider

Your mom goes to college...
halfbike's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9428

Old June 29th 05, 01:25 AM
lleberg

I think it's quite nice..
Speaking of that.. i need to pump my tire, it's quite soft

--
lleberg - Can you ride that.. thing?

I 3 my unicycle!
lleberg's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8272