The Joys & Pleasures of Cycling on Trails

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 7th 14, 06:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

Default The Joys & Pleasures of Cycling on Trails

Mountain bikers who ride their bikes on hiking trails are the scum of the earth. I rejoice when they manage to kill themselves. It is always good riddance to bad rubbish.

The latest report from the trenches:

http://www.marinij.com/letterstothee...rs-forum-feb-4

Marin Readers' Forum for Feb. 4

From Marin Independent Journal readers

Keeps bikes off trails

So mountain bike leaders like Tom Boss of the Marin County Bicycle
Coalition are opposed to illegal trails? Then why don't they inform
authorities when these scars to our parks are being gouged out?

After all, the bikers who lead mountain bike groups are also the ones
who want these pointless jumps and stunts on public lands.

There has never been a case where a mountain bike organization has
ever fingered illegal trail builders.

Mountain bikers have this crazed mentality that their activity
supersedes all others, which justifies anything they do.

Do we really need to have bells ringing in our ears, getting us on
edge, not knowing how fast the biker is coming behind us, while we
are enjoying a walk?

Now the coalition is handing out more bells to mountain bikers so we
get to hear more bells letting us know that we should get out of the
way of speeding vehicles.

Mountain biking belongs on private lands. It is an activity that
contradicts the purpose and concept of trail use.

Bicycles are vehicles and belong only where other vehicles are
allowed in parklands.”

Only the brainless idiots to be found on this desultory newsgroup would disagree with any of the above. That such cretins should exist anywhere in the world is an insult to the intelligence of our species. But it is good that the Great One, namely ME, is here to kick their dumb asses. **** ’em all the way to Hell and back!

Mountain bikes have wheels. Wheels are for roads.

Trails are for walking. What’s the matter? Can’t walk?

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great