The Joys & Pleasures of Cycling on Trails

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 21st 14, 08:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

Default The Joys & Pleasures of Cycling on Trails

"Blackblade" wrote in message ...
[...]

Edward Dolan wrote:

I am appealing to what superior persons (as a class) in
general think about phenomena. That is always how you decide what is superior to
what is inferior.

Well, I am trying to tell you what superior persons do think but you, erroneously believing yourself to belong to that class, aren't listening.

It is immaterial whether or not I am a superior person. The point is that I know a superior class of people when I see it – and you don’t. All you know is what the masses want (democratic rubbish), but the masses are never superior to anything except in their sheer numbers. They are easily the lowest common denominator qualitatively and are never to be catered to. Elementary my dear Watson!

You aren't great, you aren't particularly smart and you exhibit mildly sociopathic qualities.

I am Great ...and I am Smart ... and I am severely sociopathic when it comes to scoundrels like you!

Unlike the honorable and civilized Mr. Vandeman, I am an expert at ad hominem attacks. You have now entered MY territory!

Mountain bikers as a class of people are the scum of the earth, and that is what you are too. You encourage biking on trails designed and meant for hikers, thereby causing many injuries and deaths. You are so far beneath contempt that it is infra dignitatem for me to even be acknowledging a scoundrel like you., I regard you as little better than a criminal. As for knowing anything about what is superior, surely you jest! Anyone who rides his bike on hiking trails is inferior sui generis. You are indeed fortunate to have someone here like me who knows how to kick your dumb ass!
[...]

Violence must be met with violence, at least in the moment,
since there are unlikely to be any cops on the trails policing things. Your days
of doing what you want with your bike on trails are clearly numbered. A few
murders here and there will cause everyone to rethink what trails are for and
who they are for.

There is no violence Ed ... other than what you're proposing. You are promoting violence because you don't like someone else doing something ... not because they are threatening you. As such, your position is now entirely clear; you're the thug.

There is violence whenever a biker is seen or heard on a trail. It is mainly just mental for now, but it is going to turn physical sooner or later. You obviously do not know much about the nature of conflict. Read your own mountain biker propaganda to know what your ilk are like and what they think. Nothing they like to do better than build illegal trails. Thugs are what thugs do.
[...]

"Means and purpose determine everything. It is what trails are all about."
- Ed Dolan

Guess what Ed, a flawed aphorism from you is not a clinching argument. Your means and purpose are immaterial ... they're not mine. You are physically capable of using the trail, what goes on in your febrile mind is none of my concern.

“You obviously do not know much about the nature of conflict.” – Ed Dolan

Mountain bikers are barbarians and have no right to be on any trail used by hikers – unless they want to get off their god damn ****ing bikes and walk like everyone else. When they crash and injure themselves, I rejoice! If and when they manage to kill themselves, I say good riddance to bad rubbish! Death to mountain biking!

“Tread softly! All the earth is holy ground.”
~ Christina Rossetti (Psalm 24),
from "A Later Life: A Double Sonnet of Sonnets"

Mountain bikes have wheels. Wheels are for roads.

Trails are for walking. What’s the matter? Can’t walk?

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great