Off Topic

Old August 13th 19, 08:57 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Rolf Mantel[_2_]

Default Off Topic

Am 13.08.2019 um 00:10 schrieb Tom Kunich:
But you've already made that decision haven't you? You say you have a
son. What would you think if he was aborted because you gave the
mother the idea that you weren't trustworthy?

I have made that decision as well, and I would have supported the
would-be mother to make her own decision when the contraceptive had
failed a few weeks into our relationship.

Her decision (and mine) was to let nature have its course, and nature
decided it was not the right time, so she had to have exactly the same
procedure done at the hospital to remove the dead fetus as she would
have in case of a different decision.

5 Years later, her third pregnancy was the first successful one.
Old August 13th 19, 03:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Monday, August 12, 2019 at 3:10:44 PM UTC-7, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Monday, August 12, 2019 at 12:46:39 PM UTC-7, jbeattie wrote:
On Monday, August 12, 2019 at 11:48:22 AM UTC-7, Tom Kunich wrote:

So explain the difference between murdering that baby and a toddler since it cannot survive on its own either? You seem rather ready to murder things and it is becoming clear that is a liberal trait.

So explain why you don't trim posts?

If "liberal" means libertarian, yes, I believe the rights of the mother outweigh the interest of the state and/or a pea-sized embryo. With all your tin-foil hat, drain-the-swamp, evil government conspiracies, I would think you would be first in line to support the right of a woman to make her own choice, free from evil government oppression. Do you hate women?

And the time to make THAT decision is before a pregnancy and not when the taking of a human life is the alternative. But you've already made that decision haven't you? You say you have a son. What would you think if he was aborted because you gave the mother the idea that you weren't trustworthy?

O.K., what if the woman or girl was not pregnant by "choice" -- rape, incest, incapacity? What about failed birth control? What then? Compelled pregnancy and an unwanted child? You do hate women.

-- Jay Beattie.

Old August 13th 19, 04:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_5_]

On Tuesday, August 13, 2019 at 7:23:45 AM UTC-7, jbeattie wrote:
[...]

Firstly, pregnancies from those sources are almost non-existent. But nevertheless it is a human life that you are willing to terminate at the request of someone else while imprisoning a murderer for doing the same thing.
Old August 13th 19, 05:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Tuesday, August 13, 2019 at 8:37:33 AM UTC-7, Tom Kunich wrote:
[...]

So, in any case of pregnancy, the woman must carry the child to term? I just want to be clear on the rules of the Caliphate.

-- Jay Beattie.

Old August 13th 19, 11:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_5_]

On Tuesday, August 13, 2019 at 9:21:22 AM UTC-7, jbeattie wrote:
[...]

So cold blooded murder is perfectly acceptable in your book. Just want to make sure that an officer of the law thinks the laws are a nuisance.
Old August 14th 19, 12:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Tuesday, August 13, 2019 at 3:50:42 PM UTC-7, Tom Kunich wrote:
[...]

You mean the laws guaranteeing the right to an abortion throughout the first trimester? Those laws? Hey, even sharia law allows abortion in the case of incest and rape. https://qz.com/1628427/saudi-arabias...than-alabamas/ Wouldn't you Ayatollah Tom?

-- Jay Beattie.
Old August 14th 19, 12:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

On Tue, 13 Aug 2019 16:03:06 -0700 (PDT), jbeattie
wrote:

[...]

"sharia" law (depending on the sect) allows abortion through, usually,
the first 120 days, and always in the event of danger to the mother.

See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_and_abortion
--
cheers,

John B.

Old August 14th 19, 04:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
news18

On Tue, 13 Aug 2019 08:37:31 -0700, Tom Kunich wrote:

Firstly, pregnancies from those sources are almost non-existent.

Gee, in my little back water, I've heard of about one per decade if notg
more. Doig the maths, there must be close to a million pa. globally.

But
nevertheless it is a human life

Nope.
Old August 14th 19, 05:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_5_]

On Tuesday, August 13, 2019 at 4:03:08 PM UTC-7, jbeattie wrote:
[...]

Jay, all you are doing is claiming that you maintain your morals and ethics simply by redefining when life starts.
Old August 14th 19, 06:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Chalo

Tom Kunich wrote:

Jay, all you are doing is claiming that you maintain your morals and ethics
simply by redefining when life starts.

You presume to define when human life starts in a different way (a way that makes no sense). I mean, zygotes are alive, but they're not people. Any idiot knows that. The discoloration in your toilet is alive, too, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't scrub it and flush it.

I say until you can demonstrate that you're smarter than an animal, you're an animal. Until you can live independently of someone else's human body, you're not even an animal yet.