Actual weight of the DT 1.2 rim

Old June 25th 06, 03:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Actual weight of the DT 1.2 rim

Just weighed it and it's 450 grams, same as a OpenPro...$70..not sure
where they got 580 grams..ala the web site

Old June 27th 06, 08:11 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Ivar Hesselager wrote:

But with 450 gram the DT 1.2 rim is actually 40 grams leighter than the
cps33 for a set. That makes THE difference.

I have their brochure here and it says: 510 g for the DT1.2 rim.

Gr, Derk
Old June 27th 06, 08:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Derk wrote:
I have their brochure here and it says: 510 g for the DT1.2 rim.

Wow... the spec keeps dropping and the real thing is even lighter yet.
How often does that happen?

Old June 27th 06, 01:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Derk wrote:
Ivar Hesselager wrote:

But with 450 gram the DT 1.2 rim is actually 40 grams leighter than the
cps33 for a set. That makes THE difference.

I have their brochure here and it says: 510 g for the DT1.2 rim.

Gr, Derk

The rim I received in the double eyelet 1.1 rim NOT the 1.2 rim...450
grams..ala the OpenPro, black, nice$70

Old June 27th 06, 04:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:

The rim I received in the double eyelet 1.1 rim NOT the 1.2 rim...450
grams..ala the OpenPro, black, nice$70

The brochure gives these weights:

RR 1.1 415 Grams single eyelets
RR 1.2 510 Grams NO eyelets

As you know I have 4 wheelsets with RR 1.1 rims. The one I use most is a 32
spokes rim that has been built by a cheap german mail order company for
half the price I pay at the LBS (price paid = 159 Euro's with Ultegra hubs
and Sapim spokes). These wheels are perfect. They never needed truing,
which I can't say of the wheels that cost me twice as much at the LBS.

Gr, Derk
Old June 28th 06, 02:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Well, if bike companies can state the bike weight (but without the
pedals), perhaps a rim company can state the weight (but without the
eyelets)?

Old June 28th 06, 02:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Derk wrote:

As you know I have 4 wheelsets with RR 1.1 rims. The one I use most is a 32
spokes rim that has been built by a cheap german mail order company for
half the price I pay at the LBS (price paid = 159 Euro's with Ultegra hubs
and Sapim spokes). These wheels are perfect. They never needed truing,
which I can't say of the wheels that cost me twice as much at the LBS.

Gr, Derk

I had two sets of these RR 1.1rims built locally. The pair with DT 240
hubs and DT Aerolite spokes weigh about 1440 grams for the pair
(lighter than many boutique wheels) and as Derk says, have been very
reliable.

Alan