Stock Trek Tires (Bontrager)

Old June 1st 04, 05:42 PM
Badger_South

Default Stock Trek Tires (Bontrager)

Just a quick report on how durable and rugged the default tires are (Trek 7500FX).

I've been down some roughly paved streets, 'pinged' many, many sharp rocks across the road
and crunched down some driveways, and nary a problem with my Bontragers (Kevlar, 700x35).

Today's ride over packed sand, grit, small rocks and some loose sand pits in Seashore park
was no problem, even when hitting some exposed roots. I had the fingers crossed that
a road bike type of tire would ride a sandy trail OK, and it did so admireably.

-B

Old June 1st 04, 09:43 PM
.o0 0o.

I've had similar luck with my Vittoria Techno Sport T.T. tires (700x23).
1200+ miles and no flats.

Now I will probably get one riding home tonight

Old June 1st 04, 09:55 PM
Rick Onanian

On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 18:46:45 GMT, AMG
wrote:
BTW, when I went to p/u the (brand-new) bike, the "stock" Bontragers had
been switched out -- by the dealer -- for Brand X tires, and only
replaced at my insistence. Have to keep a sharp eye on things these days...

When I went to buy my brand new road bike, which is spec'd with
clipless pedals, not only did they not want to give me the pedals,
but they claimed to not be able to find them. Of course, a $90 shoe
sale was in it for them if they did find them (instead of a $50
pedal sale to match my other clipless pedals), but they didn't want
to give me the pedals.

Turned out the pedals were terrible anyway. Maybe they were trying
to protect me from ever trying awful pedals.
--
Rick Onanian
Old June 2nd 04, 07:24 PM
John

Badger_South wrote in message . ..
Just a quick report on how durable and rugged the default tires are (Trek 7500FX).

I've been down some roughly paved streets, 'pinged' many, many sharp rocks across the road
and crunched down some driveways, and nary a problem with my Bontragers (Kevlar, 700x35).

I had similar good luck with the 700X38 Bontrager tires that came on
my Trek 7200. About 2000 miles with 1000 of that being on dirt roads
and gravel.

However, the Bontrager tires that came on my Trek 2200 were complete
and utter crap and didn't last 2 weeks.

Studded tires R Christensen General 2 January 27th 04 04:40 PM
bike stability and 32c tires Jack Murphy General 1 December 10th 03 05:19 AM
Who has Specialized "Armadillo" tires in stock now? MeditationMan General 3 October 4th 03 04:50 PM
Couple questions about bike tires Dan Musicant General 19 July 24th 03 09:56 PM
Couple questions about bike tires Dan Musicant General 3 July 18th 03 08:18 PM