Cassettes

Old August 22nd 17, 03:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Cassettes

It's enough to **** off the Pope that Shimano cassettes are 10% the cost of the Campy cassettes and they are available in so many different ratios. Its already too much that bicycle sales are way off because of the preposterous prices of the high end carbon fiber bicycles but the components prices on Campy are getting so far out of reach that they are going to cut their own throats.
Old August 22nd 17, 04:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Tuesday, August 22, 2017 at 7:57:41 AM UTC-7, wrote:
It's enough to **** off the Pope that Shimano cassettes are 10% the cost of the Campy cassettes and they are available in so many different ratios. Its already too much that bicycle sales are way off because of the preposterous prices of the high end carbon fiber bicycles but the components prices on Campy are getting so far out of reach that they are going to cut their own throats.

There are always Camp knock-offs: http://tinyurl.com/y7tl5rpt No offense to the Italiano-philes, but after about 1984, I saw no reason for buying Campagnolo. And after about 1989, I saw no reason for buying Dura Ace, except maybe hubs. Everything trickles down to Ultegra -- often with refinements.

-- Jay Beattie.
Old August 22nd 17, 05:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

On Tuesday, August 22, 2017 at 8:48:08 AM UTC-7, jbeattie wrote:
On Tuesday, August 22, 2017 at 7:57:41 AM UTC-7, wrote:
It's enough to **** off the Pope that Shimano cassettes are 10% the cost of the Campy cassettes and they are available in so many different ratios.. Its already too much that bicycle sales are way off because of the preposterous prices of the high end carbon fiber bicycles but the components prices on Campy are getting so far out of reach that they are going to cut their own throats.

There are always Camp knock-offs: http://tinyurl.com/y7tl5rpt No offense to the Italiano-philes, but after about 1984, I saw no reason for buying Campagnolo. And after about 1989, I saw no reason for buying Dura Ace, except maybe hubs. Everything trickles down to Ultegra -- often with refinements.

RX-100!
As a non-racer and the least knowledgeable here I don't believe anyone needs anything better than Sora. That said I ride Ultegra myself
Old August 22nd 17, 05:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

On Tuesday, August 22, 2017 at 7:57:41 AM UTC-7, wrote:
It's enough to **** off the Pope that Shimano cassettes are 10% the cost of the Campy cassettes and they are available in so many different ratios. Its already too much that bicycle sales are way off because of the preposterous prices of the high end carbon fiber bicycles but the components prices on Campy are getting so far out of reach that they are going to cut their own throats.

Tom
Go to Nashbar.com
Click on Cassettes
Click on Low To High
Cassetes are 14 bucks
Put that baby on your Basso and go
Doug
Old August 22nd 17, 05:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_3_]

On 22/08/2017 12:46 PM, Doug Landau wrote:
[...]

Don't know about Sora but I had 105 before Ultegra and I didn't see a
big benefit from the Ultegra over 105.

Current bike has SRAM Force and aside from the tap/double tap thing, I
don't see much difference from the 105 or the Ultegra.
Old August 22nd 17, 06:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Tuesday, August 22, 2017 at 4:57:41 PM UTC+2, wrote:
It's enough to **** off the Pope that Shimano cassettes are 10% the cost of the Campy cassettes and they are available in so many different ratios. Its already too much that bicycle sales are way off because of the preposterous prices of the high end carbon fiber bicycles but the components prices on Campy are getting so far out of reach that they are going to cut their own throats.

Why don't/didn't you buy Shimano then?
FYI at this side of the pond Chorus 12-25 11 speed cassette 99 euro's; Ultegra 12-25 11 speed cassette 58 euro's.

Lou
Old August 22nd 17, 08:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tosspot[_3_]

wrote:
It's enough to **** off the Pope that Shimano cassettes are 10% the
cost of the Campy cassettes and they are available in so many
different ratios. Its already too much that bicycle sales are way
off because of the preposterous prices of the high end carbon fiber
bicycles but the components prices on Campy are getting so far out
of reach that they are going to cut their own throats.

There are always Camp knock-offs: http://tinyurl.com/y7tl5rpt No
offense to the Italiano-philes, but after about 1984, I saw no reason
for buying Campagnolo.

BURN the Witch! Heresy!! Run out of exclamation marks!!!

snip
Old August 22nd 17, 11:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Tuesday, August 22, 2017 at 9:51:33 AM UTC-7, Doug Landau wrote:
On Tuesday, August 22, 2017 at 7:57:41 AM UTC-7, wrote:
It's enough to **** off the Pope that Shimano cassettes are 10% the cost of the Campy cassettes and they are available in so many different ratios.. Its already too much that bicycle sales are way off because of the preposterous prices of the high end carbon fiber bicycles but the components prices on Campy are getting so far out of reach that they are going to cut their own throats.

Tom
Go to Nashbar.com
Click on Cassettes
Click on Low To High
Cassetes are 14 bucks
Put that baby on your Basso and go
Doug

They only sell Shimano compatible.
Old August 22nd 17, 11:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Tuesday, August 22, 2017 at 10:42:29 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Tuesday, August 22, 2017 at 4:57:41 PM UTC+2, wrote:
It's enough to **** off the Pope that Shimano cassettes are 10% the cost of the Campy cassettes and they are available in so many different ratios.. Its already too much that bicycle sales are way off because of the preposterous prices of the high end carbon fiber bicycles but the components prices on Campy are getting so far out of reach that they are going to cut their own throats.

Why don't/didn't you buy Shimano then?
FYI at this side of the pond Chorus 12-25 11 speed cassette 99 euro's; Ultegra 12-25 11 speed cassette 58 euro's.

Because I can't remember how to shift Shimano. I always push the wrong lever. That's why I went back to Campy. That memory thing is permanent.