Broke uni

Old December 16th 05, 06:02 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default Broke uni

Yup i broke the nimbus trials rim. I was just riding home and the rim
split open. Worst thing is its my christmas holidays with loadsa time
free.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike

|Filename: Resize of IMGP0152.JPG |

swarbrim
swarbrim's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11005

Old December 16th 05, 06:33 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Ouch!
I feel sorry for your loss.

I´m sure thats not supposed to happen. I really hope UDC will give you
a new rim. MY KH rim broke, and I got a new one no-questions-asked.

--
fexnix

'*My fresh gallery*'
(http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Fexnix-album)
*I Got Infinite Skillz*
fexnix's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7381

Old December 16th 05, 06:39 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Yea the guy from UDC was well sound. He talked to me for ages it was
the first time i actually talked to somebody about unicycling. He is
goin to replace it.

Mike

Old December 16th 05, 07:48 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Oh that sucks so bad! Same happened with my Nimbus 24 last summer. It
sucked but UDC sent me a new rim so all went fine in the end.

--
eero-poika

No pain, no gain.

http://lonelyriders.unicyclist.com/
eero-poika's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10911

Old December 16th 05, 07:51 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

swarbrim wrote:
Yea the guy from UDC was well sound. He talked to me for ages it was
the first time i actually talked to somebody about unicycling. He is
goin to replace it.

Mike

If this is the first time you -talked -to somebody about Uni I guess
you rarely *ride* with other people? You should try and attend the
next SWUM http://www.uk.unicyclist.com/swum.html.

Hope you get it fixed before you run out of holiday.

Keith

--
keg
keg's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/212

Old December 16th 05, 08:15 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Wow, that stinks really bad! I'd think it would be the hub/cranks that
would break first on that uni, but I guess not. I also feel sorry for
your camera - or did you have so much coffee that you couldn't hold
still? Just foolin...

--
UniTyler
UniTyler's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6120

Old December 16th 05, 08:59 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Keith, I have never ridden with someone else, this is because nobody i
kmow uni's and i havent attended a uni meet because i only started
reasonably recently. I will be attending the south west uni meet.

Tyler, I stumbled as i took the first pic thats why it came out a bit
blurred.

It gets worse i was o the virgde (spelling??) Of landing a 180 unispin.

Mike

Old December 16th 05, 09:18 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

It's Verge, check the spelling in a French dictionary.

Teehee.

--
kington99

Dave

Old December 17th 05, 04:08 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

That type of break is because of a rim defect. The Nimbus rim is the
same as the new Kris Holm rim, and the both those have a tendency to
break like that.

--
Fuego

"Get off my Property before you sue me!"
-Morons everywhere.

"Words and Guitar!"
- Sleater-Kinney.
Fuego's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6983