I crash into religion

Old May 15th 06, 03:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,uk.rec.cycling

Default I crash into religion

jtaylor wrote:
"Sorni" wrote in message
John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
On Sun, 14 May 2006 21:53:19 GMT, "Sorni"
wrote:
I don't answer hypothetical questions from smug, holier-than-thou
know-it-alls. Sorry.

Weak, weak weak. When asked a question with an uncomfortable answer
you retreat behind excuses about the person asking it.

I played your little game with a contrived scenario and now you
can't play mine? Your scenario even containted elements of
unreality, whereas mine is entirely possible. And you still can't
answer truthfully. That shows a lot about your "thinking."

John,

I do not want to give you the satisfaction of answering your
question.

Why not - if the answer is "No.", then you have shown yourself to be a
consistent, if ignorant, helmet-wearer.

Sweet-talker.

Old May 15th 06, 05:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,uk.rec.cycling

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
On Mon, 15 May 2006 14:58:25 GMT, "Sorni"
wrote:

jtaylor wrote:

Again:

Sorni, if for some reason you had your bike with you and were in a
nice place to ride, but your helmet was unavailable, would you still
ride?

Depends.

What a coward you are.

Said the guy who wouldn't answer MY simple question with a yes or no, but
kept putting qualifiers on it.

Give it a freaking rest already.

(And BTW, the answer DOES depend on a lot of things.)

Old May 15th 06, 06:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,uk.rec.cycling

Sorni wrote:
Simon Brooke wrote:

Do you

(i) Abandon the stinking thing and ride home
(ii) Hang it on your handlebars and ride to the water to clean it
(iii) Walk to the water to clean it
(iv) Put it back on your head and ride on?

If you knew something worked but some studies said it didn't, would
you still use it?

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.

And the ridiculous extent to which ideologues will go to prove (not)
ridiculous points.

Anything but answer the question...

--
Dave....

Old May 15th 06, 08:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,uk.rec.cycling

dkahn400 wrote:

Anything but answer the question...

This sub-thread remind me of that time on Newsnight when Paxman was
trying to get a straight answer out of that politico.

Translation for Leftpondians:
There is a nightly current affairs program on BBC2 called "Newsnight".
Jeremy Paxman was interviewing some political figure and was wanting an
answer to a question. The evasion went on for ages with JP just asking
the same question over & over again and getting nothing but evasive
answers. I can't remember the political figure, the question, or any of
the responses. I have no doubt that someone will be able to provide them.

--
Don Whybrow

Sequi Bonum Non Time

"To communicate with Mars, converse with spirits, To report the
behaviour of the sea monster, Describe the horoscope,
haruspicate or scry, Observe disease in signatures." (T.S.Eliot)
Old May 15th 06, 08:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,uk.rec.cycling

Don Whybrow wrote:
Translation for Leftpondians:
There is a nightly current affairs program on BBC2 called
"Newsnight". Jeremy Paxman was interviewing some political
figure and was wanting an answer to a question. The evasion
went on for ages with JP just asking the same question over &
over again and getting nothing but evasive answers. I can't
remember the political figure, the question, or any of the
provide them.

Watch the video:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programme...25/4182569.stm

--
Cheers
the.Mark

I crash into religion Sorni UK 369 May 25th 06 07:02 PM
I crash into religion Paul Cassel Techniques 1135 May 23rd 06 11:27 PM
I crash into religion jtaylor UK 1054 May 23rd 06 11:27 PM
I crash into religion Sorni UK 12 May 15th 06 07:57 PM
I crash into religion John Forrest Tomlinson UK 3 May 14th 06 11:40 PM