Stationary miles?

Old December 7th 08, 02:08 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
[email protected][_2_]

Default Stationary miles?

Hello ya'll,

I'm just emailing you guys to let you know that I've officially cycled
a century.

Unfortunately, it wasn't done a real Bike. It was done on the Schwinn
231 recumbent exercise bike in my spare bedroom. It'd be cool to do
this with a real velocipede, so when I bike 100 miles I actually end
up somewhere beside my spare room. At least I have a TV with a
zillion channels to watch!

What's the furthest you guys have ridden on a stationary bike?

How did you keep your mind occupied?

Regards,
Cullen Carter
Appleton, WI
Old December 8th 08, 04:54 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
[email protected][_2_]

On Dec 8, 8:10*am, Bernhard Agthe wrote:
Hi,

wrote:
What's the furthest you guys have ridden on a stationary bike?

Zero ;-)

How did you keep your mind occupied?

Riding on a real bike in real landscape keeps you occupied by itself and
is much more fun than sitting in the bathroom in front of a stupid TV
set (there is little to no interesting program on TV anyway ;-)

Give it a try, you'll like it ;-)

Ciao..

Thanks for the suggestion, Bernhard.

In the past, I have tried it. And, I have liked it!

Unfortunately, for me, a disabled (tri)cyclist living in snowy, cold
Wisconsin, biking in real landscape is tough. Especially now, with six
inches of snow on the ground. And, you're right about TV being stupid.
That's why I was asking the question...

Old December 8th 08, 10:18 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
[email protected][_2_]

wrote:
What's the furthest you guys have ridden on a stationary bike?

Zero ;-)

How did you keep your mind occupied?

Riding on a real bike in real landscape keeps you occupied by itself and
is much more fun than sitting in the bathroom in front of a stupid TV
set (there is little to no interesting program on TV anyway ;-)

Give it a try, you'll like it ;-)

Ciao..

Thanks for the suggestion. Maybe I'll try it by starting out with
something easy like comic books, and then proceed onto something
written by Henry Miller...

I wonder how many miles I could ride if I read, and tried to
complete, the Holy Bible while cycling. I'd probably be really fast
or VERY slow. I'm sure it depends on the book (i.e. Old vs. New
testament).

Cullen