RR: CO Trail, Durango

Old October 16th 04, 03:05 PM
Craig Brossman

Default RR: CO Trail, Durango

Recently Mountain Bike magazine listed the CO Trail from Durango to
Gudy's rest as Colorado's contribution to 50 trails in 50 states. While
the paragraph exeragated this trail, it is still a very good trail about
4 miles from town.

Only my second mtb ride in 8-9 weeks, but the scenery was great.

This is early on in the trail, your near Lightner Creek, pretty dense
(by CO standards) section.
http://www.brainstorm-media.com/user...an/co.tr/1.JPG

Soon you climb above the creek, things open up and you can begin to see
the form of the canyon you were in.
http://www.brainstorm-media.com/user...an/co.tr/2.JPG

One of many switchbacks after you drop and cross the creek and climb the
other side of the canyon to the rest.
http://www.brainstorm-media.com/user...an/co.tr/3.JPG

Gudy's rest, so named for the woman who put so much effort into
establishing the CO Trail. Looking towards Durango in the distance down
the Lightner Creek drainage.
http://www.brainstorm-media.com/user...an/co.tr/5.JPG

One more shot heading back to town.
http://www.brainstorm-media.com/user...an/co.tr/6.JPG

Oh Yeah, sunrise this morning off the east deck.
http://www.brainstorm-media.com/user...an/co.tr/h.JPG
--
Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado
remove "mydebt" to reply
Old October 16th 04, 03:55 PM
small change

Craig Brossman wrote:
Recently Mountain Bike magazine listed the CO Trail from Durango to
Gudy's rest as Colorado's contribution to 50 trails in 50 states.
While the paragraph exeragated this trail, it is still a very good
trail about 4 miles from town.

Don't you just love the way everything feels while riding in the fall? The
light, the air, the leaves, the colors....

thanks for sharing

Penny

Old October 16th 04, 07:30 PM
JD

Craig Brossman wrote in message ...
[...]

It's good to see you're back on the bike, Craig. Somehow that all looks familiar...

JD
Old October 17th 04, 02:36 AM
Slacker

On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 08:05:37 -0600, Craig Brossman =

wrote:

snip

Oh Yeah, sunrise this morning off the east deck.
http://www.brainstorm-media.com/user...an/co.tr/h.JPG

That's just not right, I got a view of a giant chicken perched on top of=
=

the building next to my balcony :-(

I need to move to CO!

BTW, thanks for the pix :-)
-- =

Slacker
Old October 17th 04, 02:55 AM
Roger Buchanan

Craig Brossman wrote:

Recently Mountain Bike magazine listed the CO Trail from Durango to
Gudy's rest as Colorado's contribution to 50 trails in 50 states. While
the paragraph exeragated this trail, it is still a very good trail about
4 miles from town.

Nice!! Thanks for posting the pics.

As I was reading that article in Mountain Bike I was wondering about how
many of the listed trails I could realistically ride.

--
- Rog

http://www.wpcusrgrp.org/~rogerbuchanan/index.html

NOTE: to Reply to this, remove the phrase "NOSPAM"
from my "Reply To:" address, or it will be returned.
Old October 17th 04, 05:23 AM
Pistof

[...]

That a blue flite and blue oury's? SWEET. Didn't even know selle made a
blue one of those...

Dave

Nice pics btw

Old October 17th 04, 03:58 PM
Craig Brossman

Roger Buchanan wrote:

Craig Brossman wrote:

Recently Mountain Bike magazine listed the CO Trail from Durango to
Gudy's rest as Colorado's contribution to 50 trails in 50 states. While
the paragraph exeragated this trail, it is still a very good trail about
4 miles from town.

Nice!! Thanks for posting the pics.

As I was reading that article in Mountain Bike I was wondering about how
many of the listed trails I could realistically ride.

You could ride this trail and enjoy it the whole way. The climb is less
than 1000 feet and plenty of scenery along the way. Let me know when you
get here

Old October 17th 04, 04:01 PM
Craig Brossman

Pistof wrote

That a blue flite and blue oury's? SWEET. Didn't even know selle made a
blue one of those...

Dave

Nice pics btw

I had 8 weeks or so of downtime, the saddle and grips were just
something to do while I healed up. New brake pads too and tires on the
road machine.
Old October 18th 04, 07:36 PM
MattB

Craig Brossman wrote:
Recently Mountain Bike magazine listed the CO Trail from Durango to
Gudy's rest as Colorado's contribution to 50 trails in 50 states.
While the paragraph exeragated this trail, it is still a very good
trail about 4 miles from town.

Only my second mtb ride in 8-9 weeks, but the scenery was great.

snip goodness

Awesome, Craig! Glad to hear you're back in the saddle. Nice photos too.

Matt

Old October 19th 04, 01:18 PM
Roger Buchanan

Craig Brossman wrote:
Recently Mountain Bike magazine listed the CO Trail from Durango to
Gudy's rest as Colorado's contribution to 50 trails in 50 states.

As I was reading that article in Mountain Bike I was wondering about how
many of the listed trails I could realistically ride.

You could ride this trail and enjoy it the whole way. The climb is less
than 1000 feet and plenty of scenery along the way. Let me know when you
get here

I've put it on my list of "must rides".

Linda and I are already figuring out our "fantasy" vehicle. A customized
cargo van for camping that is specific for mountain bikes and kayaks. As
soon as we come up with the "fantasy money" we'll get it on the road.

Thanks for the reply Craig!