Ping! DH/FR Riders

Old October 30th 04, 10:02 PM
Scott

Default Ping! DH/FR Riders

I have a 7" travel Bullit. I am thinking of getting DC Shivers for it.
Does anyone think it would be too much for the it?

Old October 30th 04, 11:53 PM
Michael Dart

"Scott" wrote in message
link.net...
I have a 7" travel Bullit. I am thinking of getting DC Shivers for it.
Does anyone think it would be too much for the it?

I've seen lots of Bullits with Shivers and some with Monster T's they do
just fine. I've got a Super T on mine and it's perfect. A bit lighter than
the Shiver but just as capable. The Bullit is light for a DH bike and the
Shiver would make it a bit front heavy.

Mike

Old October 31st 04, 01:44 AM
scott

"Michael Dart" wrote in message
I've seen lots of Bullits with Shivers and some with Monster T's they do
just fine. I've got a Super T on mine and it's perfect. A bit lighter
than
the Shiver but just as capable. The Bullit is light for a DH bike and the
Shiver would make it a bit front heavy.

Well I rode (on my favorite DH run) an Karpiel Armageddon with a Shiver and
a GT -DHi with a Monster T today.

I was just so impressed with both forks but especially the Shiver. I really
need to go DC again the 150mm Sherman is nice but not good enough.

Any other ideas because I am really digging the inverted fork design?

Old October 31st 04, 01:02 AM
Michael Dart

"scott" wrote in message
link.net...
"Michael Dart" wrote in message
I've seen lots of Bullits with Shivers and some with Monster T's they do
just fine. I've got a Super T on mine and it's perfect. A bit lighter
than
the Shiver but just as capable. The Bullit is light for a DH bike and

the
Shiver would make it a bit front heavy.

Well I rode (on my favorite DH run) an Karpiel Armageddon with a Shiver

and
a GT -DHi with a Monster T today.

I was just so impressed with both forks but especially the Shiver. I

really
need to go DC again the 150mm Sherman is nice but not good enough.

Any other ideas because I am really digging the inverted fork design?

If you really like the Shiver go for it. I sold mine for a 888 and am sorry
I did. It's a great fork. It is flexier than a non inverted fork but is
the least flexy of the inverted ones. The friend I sold it to bolted it on
the front of a Cove G-Spot and has been totally rockin' it.

Mike

Old October 31st 04, 01:56 AM
Slacker

=

really
need to go DC again the 150mm Sherman is nice but not good enough.

Any other ideas because I am really digging the inverted fork design?

Mike has way more experience than me, but I'm really digging my Shiver =

too. It's a highly respected DC fork and should last many years.

I have zero problems with tracking and it's so nice on the jumps. It's =

done more to help me get over my fear of jumps than anything else. I =

can't see replacing it any time soon.

Plus the Shiver just looks bitch'n :-) Do it and be happy.

-- =

Slacker
Old October 31st 04, 01:22 PM
Scott

--
Slacker

OK I was just worked the axel to crown height would be too much but I have
found pics with Bullits and Shivers and it doesn't look too slack, plus I
can always move the shock shuttle.

I should be able to get one at wholesale too! I thought they were
discontinued but Marz's website has them listed for 05 again WOO HOO!

Old October 31st 04, 08:42 PM
Slacker

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 13:22:43 GMT, Scott wrote:

I should be able to get one at wholesale too! I thought they were
discontinued but Marz's website has them listed for 05 again WOO HOO!

Not to mention, the 05 Shiver =

http://www.marzocchi.it/Template/det...er=3D113&IDOg=
getto=3D8471 =

is the baddest-assed looking fork, ever! Almost makes me want to buy =

another one for that reason alone.

-- =

Slacker
Old October 31st 04, 08:51 PM
scott

"Slacker" wrote in message
newspsgq44ruom83lxu@slacker...
Not to mention, the 05 Shiver
http://www.marzocchi.it/Template/detailSpaForks.asp?IDFolder=113&IDOggetto=8471
is the baddest-assed looking fork, ever! Almost makes me want to buy
another one for that reason alone.

Especially on a white Bullit.

Old October 31st 04, 09:29 PM
Slacker

http://www.marzocchi.it/Template/det...older=3D113&I=

DOggetto=3D8471
is the baddest-assed looking fork, ever! Almost makes me want to buy
another one for that reason alone.

Especially on a white Bullit.

:-) :-)

I'm almost hoping you don't like it... then I can buy off you for super =
=

cheap :-p

-- =

Slacker
Old November 1st 04, 12:17 AM
Michael Dart

newspsgq7a9tdm83lxu@slacker...

http://www.marzocchi.it/Template/det...113&IDOggetto=
8471
is the baddest-assed looking fork, ever! Almost makes me want to buy
another one for that reason alone.

Especially on a white Bullit.

:-) :-)

I'm almost hoping you don't like it... then I can buy off you for super
cheap :-p

That may change my mind on the Boxxer. Badass fork!!!

Mike - But I ain't selling another one!!