Chain Ring Assistance

Old October 31st 04, 08:57 AM
Gubbins

Default Chain Ring Assistance

Hi,

Wonder if anyone can help me.

I have a Specialized Rockhopper 2003 and have bent my middle chain
ring somehow.

I am in the process of fitting a new one and am a little unsure if the
ring itself has to go on in a particular orientation? I understand
which way around (front to back) it should be positioned but the new
chain ring seems to have different sized teeth at different points of
the ring?

If there is a right or wrong way your help is much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old October 31st 04, 12:55 PM
Ground Control

"Gubbins" wrote in message
om...
| Hi,
|
| Wonder if anyone can help me.
|
| I have a Specialized Rockhopper 2003 and have bent my middle chain
| ring somehow.
|
| I am in the process of fitting a new one and am a little unsure if the
| ring itself has to go on in a particular orientation? I understand
| which way around (front to back) it should be positioned but the new
| chain ring seems to have different sized teeth at different points of
| the ring?
|
| If there is a right or wrong way your help is much appreciated.
|
| Cheers.

Many brand put a little bump between the bolt tabs. This is meant to be
obscured by the crank arm when installed. Lacking that, generally you'd
align it so the logos and/or other writing is most visible when installed.

Some replacement rings don't have a specific alignment as they're meant to
fit X position cranks or hidden bolt cranks (which would be 45 degrees out
of phase with each other)

---
__o
_`\(,_ Cycling is life,