Anti-social behaviour

Old June 4th 05, 08:25 PM
Brimstone

Default Anti-social behaviour

Alistair J Murray wrote:
JohnB wrote:

Speeding needs to be addressed *everywhere*.

Why?

To keep the ******* under control.

As a metric speed's only merit is convenience.

Which makes it ideally suited to the purpose.

Old June 4th 05, 09:05 PM
Adrian

Brimstone ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they
were saying :

As a metric speed's only merit is convenience.

Which makes it ideally suited to the purpose.

Great.

So let's just get the police to arrest black kids in their late teens/early
twenties, because they're often guilty of crimes ranging from gun crime to
muggings.

After all, it'd be "convenient".
Old June 4th 05, 09:13 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

I submit that on or about 04 Jun 2005 20:05:51 GMT, the person known
to the court as Adrian made a statement
.170 in Your
Honour's bundle) to the following effect:

So let's just get the police to arrest black kids in their late teens/early
twenties, because they're often guilty of crimes ranging from gun crime to
muggings.

Your example has a flaw: speeding is illegal, being black is not.

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken
Old June 4th 05, 09:39 PM
JLB

Adrian wrote:
Brimstone ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they
were saying :

As a metric speed's only merit is convenience.

Which makes it ideally suited to the purpose.

Great.

So let's just get the police to arrest black kids in their late teens/early
twenties, because they're often guilty of crimes ranging from gun crime to
muggings.

After all, it'd be "convenient".

I cannot picture any way that what you describe would be convenient.

Drivers are not randomly penalised just for being out in public. They
are penalised only when they commit a criminal offence. Stop whinging
about it, and stop implying that motorists are an oppressed ethnic
minority subject to random scapegoating. It is quite offensive.

--
Joe * If I cannot be free I'll be cheap
Old June 4th 05, 09:42 PM
Adrian

JLB ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they
were saying :

Drivers are not randomly penalised just for being out in public. They
are penalised only when they commit a criminal offence. Stop whinging
about it, and stop implying that motorists are an oppressed ethnic
minority subject to random scapegoating. It is quite offensive.

I'm not "whinging" - I'm just commenting on the suitability of "ease" as a
basis to decide policing policy.
Old June 4th 05, 10:25 PM
Brimstone

Adrian wrote:
Brimstone ) gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying :

As a metric speed's only merit is convenience.

Which makes it ideally suited to the purpose.

Great.

So let's just get the police to arrest black kids in their late
teens/early twenties, because they're often guilty of crimes ranging
from gun crime to muggings.

After all, it'd be "convenient".

Why not all male youths between the ages of 13 and 23 since they are the
prime years for offending regardless of ethnic origin. The vast majority of
crime, especially petty crime, sorted at a stroke.

Old June 5th 05, 02:30 AM
JLB

Adrian wrote:
JLB ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they
were saying :

Drivers are not randomly penalised just for being out in public. They
are penalised only when they commit a criminal offence. Stop whinging
about it, and stop implying that motorists are an oppressed ethnic
minority subject to random scapegoating. It is quite offensive.

I'm not "whinging" - I'm just commenting on the suitability of "ease" as a
basis to decide policing policy.

Like hell. You compared drivers being prosecuted for criminal acts to
members of an ethnic minority being randomly victimised with no due cause.

--
Joe * If I cannot be free I'll be cheap
Old June 5th 05, 03:06 AM
Alistair J Murray

Brimstone wrote:
Alistair J Murray wrote:
JohnB wrote:

Speeding needs to be addressed *everywhere*.

Why?

To keep the ******* under control.

How? ...oh, and:

Who?

("Those who break arbitrary speed limits" is *wrong*)

As a metric speed's only merit is convenience.

Which makes it ideally suited to the purpose.

That's just a leeeeetle authoritarian for my taste.

Trade Oil in €
Old June 5th 05, 12:45 PM
Brimstone

Alistair J Murray wrote:
Brimstone wrote:
Alistair J Murray wrote:
JohnB wrote:

Speeding needs to be addressed *everywhere*.

Why?

To keep the ******* under control.

How? ...oh, and:

Who?

("Those who break arbitrary speed limits" is *wrong*)

As a metric speed's only merit is convenience.

Which makes it ideally suited to the purpose.

That's just a leeeeetle authoritarian for my taste.

So do we take it that you are in favour of anarchy? (The proper definition
of the word, not the one used by tabloids and senstationalist politicians.)

Old June 5th 05, 12:54 PM
Alistair J Murray

JLB wrote:
Adrian wrote:

[...]

I'm not "whinging" - I'm just commenting on the suitability of "ease"
as a basis to decide policing policy.

Like hell. You compared drivers being prosecuted for criminal acts to
members of an ethnic minority being randomly victimised with no due cause.

Nope, he illustrated why administrative convenience is a poor mix with
justice.

*All* arbitrary laws are bad, not just speed limits.

Trade Oil in €

Anti French [email protected] Racing 32 July 7th 05 03:29 PM
"Social rider" beef psycholist General 73 June 5th 05 05:06 AM
American social diversion. Red Cloud General 22 November 10th 04 05:29 AM