Replacement for rec.bicycles.tech?

Old September 18th 12, 01:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
rob perkins

Default Replacement for rec.bicycles.tech?

In the 90s, r.b.tech was useful. Now it is overrun with trolls and garbage. Has the core of people who actually want to discuss bike tech items moved anywhere discernible that is moderated or somehow free of crap?
Thanks, Rob
Old September 18th 12, 02:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

On Tuesday, September 18, 2012 8:53:54 AM UTC-4, rob perkins wrote:
In the 90s, r.b.tech was useful. Now it is overrun with trolls and garbage. Has the core of people who actually want to discuss bike tech items moved anywhere discernible that is moderated or somehow free of crap?

Thanks, Rob

thanks, Rob for the crit.

we're here, they're not...they died off, went to UTUBE, stopped reading...metalurgy improved....parts were engineered for competition in a world internet information era...a change from the former LBS guild system...we lost star power in Brown/JB/TdF....

we look to your next DIY contribution

I have to fix the bulgrar alarm wiring..chow !
Old September 18th 12, 02:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

But moderators are all too often Nazis, greatly over-impressed with their own power. In order to have free speech, you must sometimes listen to things you don't really want to hear.
Old September 18th 12, 03:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
rob perkins

On Tuesday, September 18, 2012 9:04:41 AM UTC-4, wrote:
But moderators are all too often Nazis, greatly over-impressed with their own power. In order to have free speech, you must sometimes listen to things you don't really want to help.

Perfect example of a non-answer to a specific question. Does anyone know where real technical discussions are being hosted?

Old September 18th 12, 04:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
rob perkins

On Tuesday, September 18, 2012 9:04:08 AM UTC-4, datakoll wrote:
Nothing of use. I didn't know that "metalurgy (sic) improved" so dramatically that there is no longer a need to discuss bicycle tech.
Does anyone know where real discussions are taking place?

Old September 18th 12, 04:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Dan O

On Tuesday, September 18, 2012 8:05:22 AM UTC-7, rob perkins wrote:
On Tuesday, September 18, 2012 9:04:08 AM UTC-4, datakoll wrote:

Nothing of use. I didn't know that "metalurgy (sic) improved" so dramatically that there is no longer a need to discuss bicycle tech.

Does anyone know where real discussions are taking place?

If this isn't the place, why are you asking here?

(And honestly, I am determined to quit spewing.)
Old September 18th 12, 04:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DirtRoadie

On Sep 18, 8:58*am, rob perkins wrote:
On Tuesday, September 18, 2012 9:04:41 AM UTC-4, wrote:
But moderators are all too often Nazis, greatly over-impressed with their own power. In order to have free speech, you must sometimes listen to things you don't really want to help.

Perfect example of a non-answer to a specific question. *Does anyone know where real technical discussions are being hosted?

That seemed like a perfectly legitimate and relevant response/comment
to your original post which referred to moderated groups.
But in answer to your question:
http://forums.roadbikereview.com/ (for many road bike topics )
http://forums.mtbr.com/ (ditto for off-road)

Sorry if those are not EXACTLY what you want, but they do benefit from
having a large number and wide variety of participants.
DR
Old September 18th 12, 11:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

On 19/09/12 01:05, rob perkins wrote:
On Tuesday, September 18, 2012 9:04:08 AM UTC-4, datakoll wrote:
Nothing of use. I didn't know that "metalurgy (sic) improved" so dramatically that there is no longer a need to discuss bicycle tech.
Does anyone know where real discussions are taking place?

Why not ask here anyway?

Seems folks are bored out of their brains so discuss crap to pass the
time between real tech questions. (Sorry for any offense, Frank).

--
JS.

rec.bicycles.tech, rec.bicycles.misc, rec.bicycles.soc Andre Jute[_2_] Techniques 2 February 22nd 09 09:14 PM
Bicycles tech for all nice Techniques 0 January 11th 08 01:48 PM
rec.bicycles.tech - FAQ? Cychlo-path Techniques 112 March 11th 07 02:38 AM
rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.rides BW General 1 October 18th 03 04:45 PM
rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.rides BW Rides 1 October 18th 03 04:45 PM