3 Reasons To Think Twice Before Buying Blackburn Mirrors

Old February 14th 13, 08:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
(PeteCresswell)

Default 3 Reasons To Think Twice Before Buying Blackburn Mirrors

http://tinyurl.com/av9j4lt

Actually more like 5 or 6... but I just started keeping the broken bits.

Twenty-Dollar Mirror: Fifty-Cent Piece Of Plastic... Heaven forbid
Blackburn should sell the part separately...

There... now I've got it off my chest..... -)
--
Pete Cresswell
Old February 14th 13, 09:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 2/14/2013 2:33 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/av9j4lt

Actually more like 5 or 6... but I just started keeping the broken bits.

Twenty-Dollar Mirror: Fifty-Cent Piece Of Plastic... Heaven forbid
Blackburn should sell the part separately...

There... now I've got it off my chest..... -)

Good analysis.

Mr Blackburn had the ultimate exit plan. Big product ramp up
with scores of new SKUs for a one-year sales boost, followed
by sale of the company. New owners promptly moved production
to PRC.

The older USA made products really were of good quality but
that was long long ago.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old February 14th 13, 09:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Thursday, February 14, 2013 3:33:55 PM UTC-5, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/av9j4lt

Actually more like 5 or 6... but I just started keeping the broken bits.

Twenty-Dollar Mirror: Fifty-Cent Piece Of Plastic... Heaven forbid

Blackburn should sell the part separately...

There... now I've got it off my chest..... -)

--

Pete Cresswell

Try Mirrcycle MC). I've used them since the 1980s and still love the Original Mirrcycle mirrors I put on my vintage touring bike with the exposed brake cable housing that loops up and over the handlebar. MC also makes a mirror to fit an mtb and another one for STI Road bike brake levers. If you break a part you can buy that part from MC.

Cheers
Old February 14th 13, 10:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Thursday, February 14, 2013 4:58:19 PM UTC-5, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Thursday, February 14, 2013 3:33:55 PM UTC-5, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/av9j4lt

Actually more like 5 or 6... but I just started keeping the broken bits..

Twenty-Dollar Mirror: Fifty-Cent Piece Of Plastic... Heaven forbid

Blackburn should sell the part separately...

There... now I've got it off my chest..... -)

--

Pete Cresswell

Try Mirrcycle MC). I've used them since the 1980s and still love the Original Mirrcycle mirrors I put on my vintage touring bike with the exposed brake cable housing that loops up and over the handlebar. MC also makes a mirror to fit an mtb and another one for STI Road bike brake levers. If you break a part you can buy that part from MC.

Cheers

Sorry, I forgot to post a lonk to Mirrcycle for you. Here it is:
http://mirrycle.com/mirrycle_mirrors.php
Old February 14th 13, 10:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

On Feb 14, 3:33*pm, "(PeteCresswell)" wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/av9j4lt

Actually more like 5 or 6... but I just started keeping the broken bits.

Twenty-Dollar Mirror: Fifty-Cent Piece Of Plastic... Heaven forbid
Blackburn should sell the part separately...

There... now I've got it off my chest..... -)

That's partly why I make my own eyeglass mirrors.

- Frank Krygowski
Old February 14th 13, 11:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

On Thursday, February 14, 2013 5:40:30 PM UTC-5, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On Feb 14, 3:33*pm, "(PeteCresswell)" wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/av9j4lt

Actually more like 5 or 6... but I just started keeping the broken bits..

Twenty-Dollar Mirror: Fifty-Cent Piece Of Plastic... Heaven forbid

Blackburn should sell the part separately...

There... now I've got it off my chest..... -)

That's partly why I make my own eyeglass mirrors.

- Frank Krygowski

!!!!!!!!!!

Frank, own a digital camera ? post photos of your mirror ?
Old February 15th 13, 01:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
(PeteCresswell)

Per AMuzi:
The older USA made products really were of good quality but
that was long long ago.

I can't take issue with the product quality of these mirrors, just the
design - and not even the design if that little plastic casting were
available as a replacement part.

Non-destructive breakaway would be the brass ring though.
--
Pete Cresswell
Old February 15th 13, 04:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

On Feb 14, 6:10*pm, datakoll wrote:
On Thursday, February 14, 2013 5:40:30 PM UTC-5, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On Feb 14, 3:33*pm, "(PeteCresswell)" wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/av9j4lt

Actually more like 5 or 6... but I just started keeping the broken bits.

Twenty-Dollar Mirror: Fifty-Cent Piece Of Plastic... Heaven forbid

Blackburn should sell the part separately...

There... now I've got it off my chest..... -)

That's partly why I make my own eyeglass mirrors.

- Frank Krygowski

!!!!!!!!!!

Frank, own a digital camera ? post photos of your mirror ?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/1697229...in/photostream

- Frank Krygowski
Old February 15th 13, 03:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
(PeteCresswell)

Per Sir Ridesalot:
Sorry, I forgot to post a lonk to Mirrcycle for you. Here it is:
http://mirrycle.com/mirrycle_mirrors.php

Do you use them with bar ends - as in http://tinyurl.com/3nowflx ?

I'm guessing that if they are mounted so they hang down instead of up,
the bar ends would be available - but I don't know if they would contend
with the rider's legs...
--
Pete Cresswell

mirrors and aerobars anern UK 6 July 22nd 08 08:41 AM
Bicycle mirrors ? Timothy Murphy UK 24 January 9th 06 04:40 AM
Helmet mirrors John Pitts Australia 19 October 20th 05 07:33 AM
Mirrors (again) ed Techniques 2 September 29th 04 06:59 PM
legitimate use for mirrors.. consider this larry english - no address harvesting General 17 May 5th 04 05:26 AM