Who needs a Moots YBB?

Old December 15th 03, 02:22 PM
Tom Purvis

Default Who needs a Moots YBB?

....nobody apparently.

Mine is for auction right now on eBay. Get this, for a Moots Ti
frame, King Headset and Thomson post, the initial bid was set at
$750. It's less than 3 days until the auction is over and so
far there are NO BIDS! Not even for $750. The frame alone sells
for nearly $2500 new. And it's Ti, it doesn't wear out.

So this is half WTF gripe, half blatant self-serving advertisement
(so sue me, it's an alt group). Probably mostly my own fault--folks
are kind of expected to shop for the KIDS this time of year...

So this frame has a 19.5" (c-t) seat tube, 24.25" effective top
tube, fits a guy 6'1" with relatively standard proportions using
a 120mm stem (Fred Fragger? Do you like Titanium?)

I don't know. Looks like a big ol' eBay BARGAIN about to
happen. If you now anybody who would like to have a Moots,
but who isn't daddy warbucks, point them to this auction.

Gee whiz, selling it is hard enough. I don't need to *give* it away.
--
Tom "granny needs an operation" Purvis
Salida, CO - http://www.arkansasvalley.net/tpurvis/
Old December 15th 03, 04:38 PM
Chris

"Tom Purvis" wrote in message
om...

I don't know. Looks like a big ol' eBay BARGAIN about to
happen. If you now anybody who would like to have a Moots,
but who isn't daddy warbucks, point them to this auction.

Gee whiz, selling it is hard enough. I don't need to *give* it away.
--

So get one of your friends to bid it up to like 1500, and if he/she wins it,
wait a week and leave feedback like you made the sale. It's against all

BTW...there are THREE days left. Bidding doesn't start until you're under
the 12 hour mark, and your page has been viewed 600 times. Relax. And,
you're opening bid was too high. Scares people away. It'll go up as people
bid, but the intro price has to be ridiculous.

Chris

Old December 15th 03, 05:06 PM
Jon Bond

"Chris" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Tom Purvis" wrote in message
om...

[...]

Best bet is to start it at like $100, with a reserve of like 1500 or so.
People get in buying wars, but really, the reserve might as well be the
starting price for you - for them they think they might get a deal!

Jon Bond

Old December 15th 03, 05:43 PM
Mojo Deluxe

"Jon Bond" wrote in message

"Chris" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Tom Purvis" wrote in message
om...

[...]

People love to bid, I've learned. I start every auction out low, low, low.
They see that low starting bid, and cannot stand to let the other guy/girl
get such a good deal.

Old December 15th 03, 09:03 PM
Stephen Baker

Tom Purvis says:

And it's Ti, it doesn't wear out.

Define "wear out...."

Old December 15th 03, 09:23 PM
John Harlow

So this is half WTF gripe, half blatant self-serving advertisement
(so sue me, it's an alt group). Probably mostly my own fault--folks
are kind of expected to shop for the KIDS this time of year...

Anyone with any ebay savvy is using something like www.auctionstealer.com -
you won't see their bids until the bitter end.

Old December 15th 03, 11:14 PM
Stephen Baker

Chris P says:

With Titanium, which we all
know is solar powered, you never have to worry about losing that snappy
ride that only the most expensive metal can bring.

Or you could buy steel.....

;-)
Old December 15th 03, 11:54 PM
MPD Blue

Tom Purvis wrote:

And it's Ti, it doesn't wear out.

I _can_ break it.

John G. in Memphis, TN Have a nice......... night.
http://www.shavings.net/images/Memphis/reflect_john.jpg

Old December 16th 03, 01:15 AM
Jonesy

"Mojo Deluxe" wrote in message ...
"Jon Bond" wrote in message

"Chris" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Tom Purvis" wrote in message
om...

[...]

Saw a medium Rocky Mountain ETCX-30 (whatever that model is - I can't
quite remember) with some bits like headset, BB/crank, FD and some
low-end Bomber go for $455.00 yesterday. Thought about bidding on it
just to turn it around later, but decided not to.

Dunno - might have been fun to ride for a year.
--
Jonesy