Lies about coach driver caused by ubdertaking cyclist

Old October 7th 19, 07:32 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

Default Lies about coach driver caused by ubdertaking cyclist

Video evidence came to the skilled coach driver's rescue, but no proper
apology for the slurs, perhaps the driver can get compo.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/10/04/olymp...list-10865262/
Old October 7th 19, 09:12 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 07/10/2019 07:32, MrCheerful wrote:
Video evidence came to the skilled coach driver's rescue, but no proper
apology for the slurs, perhaps the driver can get compo.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/10/04/olymp...list-10865262/

If the driver hooted at the cyclist for undertaking the driver was in
the wrong.
Old October 7th 19, 10:39 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

TMS320 wrote:
On 07/10/2019 07:32, MrCheerful wrote:
Video evidence came to the skilled coach driver's rescue, but no
proper apology for the slurs, perhaps the driver can get compo.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/10/04/olymp...list-10865262/

If the driver hooted at the cyclist for undertaking the driver was in
the wrong.

A horn is a warning device, the bimbo was undertaking, the bimbo was being
warned.

Old October 7th 19, 04:38 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Monday, October 7, 2019 at 10:40:43 AM UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
TMS320 wrote:
On 07/10/2019 07:32, MrCheerful wrote:
Video evidence came to the skilled coach driver's rescue, but no
proper apology for the slurs, perhaps the driver can get compo.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/10/04/olymp...list-10865262/

If the driver hooted at the cyclist for undertaking the driver was in
the wrong.

A horn is a warning device, the bimbo was undertaking, the bimbo was being
warned.

The horn is to alert others road users to your presence and I am sure the cyclist was aware of the coach.

Old October 7th 19, 05:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

wrote:
TMS320 wrote:
On 07/10/2019 07:32, MrCheerful wrote:
Video evidence came to the skilled coach driver's rescue, but
no proper apology for the slurs, perhaps the driver can get
compo.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/10/04/olymp...list-10865262/

If the driver hooted at the cyclist for undertaking the driver
was in the wrong.

A horn is a warning device, the bimbo was undertaking, the bimbo
was being warned.

The horn is to alert others road users to your presence and I am
sure the cyclist was aware of the coach.

A horn has almost no use as a warning and most of the time is used for
intimidation or to show displeasure. If the driver was about to turn and
saw the cyclist (as he obviously did), it was the driver's obligation to
wait until it was safe.

Besides, we see a cycle lane in the picture. Skilled drivers do not
cross into another lane when it is occupied.
Old October 7th 19, 05:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

wrote:
TMS320 wrote:
On 07/10/2019 07:32, MrCheerful wrote:
Video evidence came to the skilled coach driver's rescue, but no
proper apology for the slurs, perhaps the driver can get compo.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/10/04/olymp...list-10865262/

If the driver hooted at the cyclist for undertaking the driver was
in the wrong.

A horn is a warning device, the bimbo was undertaking, the bimbo was
being warned.

The horn is to alert others road users to your presence and I am sure
the cyclist was aware of the coach.

Come along, group clown; did you actually read the report?
What a fool you really are.

Old October 7th 19, 06:01 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

wrote:
TMS320 wrote:
On 07/10/2019 07:32, MrCheerful wrote:
Video evidence came to the skilled coach driver's rescue, but no
proper apology for the slurs, perhaps the driver can get compo.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/10/04/olymp...list-10865262/

If the driver hooted at the cyclist for undertaking the driver was
in the wrong.

A horn is a warning device, the bimbo was undertaking, the bimbo was
being warned.

The horn is to alert others road users to your presence and I am sure
the cyclist was aware of the coach.

Come along, group clown;

I prefer 'Official Scapegoat'

did you actually read the report?

Yes.

What a fool you really are.

There is no way you can possibly understand how little I care what you think.

Old October 7th 19, 06:25 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Monday, October 7, 2019 at 5:51:11 PM UTC+1, TMS320 wrote:
On 07/10/2019 16:38, Simon Jester wrote:

The horn is to alert others road users to your presence and I am
sure the cyclist was aware of the coach.

A horn has almost no use as a warning and most of the time is used for
intimidation or to show displeasure.

I think we should get rid of motor vehicle horns. As you say they are rarely used correctly.
Requiring 4+ wheeled motor vehicles to use side lights only on lit 30mph roads would also help safety.

Old October 7th 19, 08:19 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 07/10/2019 18:25, Simon Jester wrote:
On Monday, October 7, 2019 at 5:51:11 PM UTC+1, TMS320 wrote:
On 07/10/2019 16:38, Simon Jester wrote:

The horn is to alert others road users to your presence and I am
sure the cyclist was aware of the coach.

A horn has almost no use as a warning and most of the time is used
for intimidation or to show displeasure.

I think we should get rid of motor vehicle horns. As you say they are
rarely used correctly. Requiring 4+ wheeled motor vehicles to use
side lights only on lit 30mph roads would also help safety.

I once used my horn to try to attract a van driver's attention as he
reversed towards me after I stalled trying to get out of his way (*). So
I feel justified in that he clearly did not know I was there and I was
unable to deal with it by primary means.

(*) For those too young or too old to remember - cars used to have crude
devices known as carburettors, which only ever provided an engine with
too little or too much fuel, never the correct amount of fuel.

Drugs caused cyclist's death MrCheerful UK 1 March 20th 16 02:53 PM
Cyclist lies to court Mrcheerful UK 3 January 7th 15 09:55 PM
Cyclist sought after coach comes off worst Simon Mason UK 43 May 27th 12 09:05 AM
Two cyclists killed, coach driver arrested. Tony Raven[_3_] UK 1 December 6th 10 09:45 AM
The John and Chris Show, LIES, LIES, LIES Johnny NoCom Recumbent Biking 3 December 3rd 04 06:13 AM