A tale of two Mikes?

Old April 15th 10, 01:24 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment

Default A tale of two Mikes?

On Apr 8, 9:16*pm, Bob Berger wrote:

The reduced carbon of the earth can be found in biota, coal, oil, NG
and similar places. Coal, oil & NG are the products of biota that died
and were buried millions of years ago. (However, it cannot be
disproven that some oil and natural gas may be of abiotic origin.)

Ø All crude oil, natural gas, and coal is of abiotic origin.

..o0o.

When O2 engages in inorganic
redox chemistry, H2O is generated. So we have underestimated the
quantity of oxygen by a significant factor. Hence, we should see even
more reduced carbon than we do see.

Ø Nonsense!!!

Any claim that oxygen came originally from photosynthetic metabolism
ignores fundamentals of biochemistry. In the dark, plant matter
consumes O2 to maintain metabolism, else it dies. Photosynthetic
metabolism creates organic matter that stores energy that is available
when the sun don't shine. The only life that does not need to store
energy are viruses. Hence plants recycle O2 in both the forward and
reverse direction. Organic plant matter can only be generated when the
sun shines.

Ø Bull****!!!!

— —

Old April 15th 10, 02:01 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,
Bob Berger[_2_]

In article ,
says...

On Apr 8, 9:16=A0pm, Bob Berger wrote:

The reduced carbon of the earth can be found in biota, coal, oil, NG
and similar places. Coal, oil & NG are the products of biota that died
and were buried millions of years ago. (However, it cannot be
disproven that some oil and natural gas may be of abiotic origin.)

=D8 All crude oil, natural gas, and coal is of abiotic origin.

.o0o.

When O2 engages in inorganic
redox chemistry, H2O is generated. So we have underestimated the
quantity of oxygen by a significant factor. Hence, we should see even
more reduced carbon than we do see.

=D8 Nonsense!!!

Any claim that oxygen came originally from photosynthetic metabolism
ignores fundamentals of biochemistry. In the dark, plant matter
consumes O2 to maintain metabolism, else it dies. Photosynthetic
metabolism creates organic matter that stores energy that is available
when the sun don't shine. The only life that does not need to store
energy are viruses. Hence plants recycle O2 in both the forward and
reverse direction. Organic plant matter can only be generated when the
sun shines.

=D8 Bull****!!!!

=97 =97
| In real science the burden of proof is always
| on the proposer, never on the skeptics. So far
| neither IPCC nor anyone else has provided one
| iota of valid data for global warming nor have
| they provided data that climate change is being
| effected by commerce and industry, and not by
| natural causes

Relative to what I posted, your point is?