Helmet Poll: First Hand Experience

Old August 3rd 06, 04:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,uk.rec.cycling
Bill Sornson

Default Helmet Poll: First Hand Experience

Peter Clinch wrote:
wrote:

The concern that increased helmet use will lead to a MHL (note the
specificity:"lead to a MHL) seems to be restricted to a few posters
from the UK.

Since it's been stated by government departments that they would only
push for an MHL once voluntary wearing has increased, the "few posters
from the UK" have very good evidence that they're right.

But not about Sally Tenspeed donning a lid in Podunk, Iowa. No "threat" to
you gits whatsoever.

You seem to be projecting your frustration and impotence on to others.

Hey, here's an idea: cut it out.

HTH

Old August 3rd 06, 05:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Alan Braggins

In article , Bill Sornson wrote:

But not about Sally Tenspeed donning a lid in Podunk, Iowa. No "threat" to
you gits whatsoever.

Is Sally Tenspeed from Podunk, Iowa making hundreds of Usenet posts
attempting to justify her decision, or is she just going out and riding,
with no hassle from anyone?

You seem to be projecting your frustration and impotence on to others.
Hey, here's an idea: cut it out.

Great idea. As the one who done more projecting of impotence than anyone
else, feel free to demonstrate how, you miserable hypocrite.
Old August 3rd 06, 06:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Bill Sornson

Alan Braggins wrote:
In article , Bill Sornson
wrote:

{context removed; real shocker, that}

But not about Sally Tenspeed donning a lid in Podunk, Iowa. No
"threat" to you gits whatsoever.

Is Sally Tenspeed from Podunk, Iowa making hundreds of Usenet posts
attempting to justify her decision, or is she just going out and
riding, with no hassle from anyone?

Sally Tenspeed posted to a newsgroup that she's had experiences that affirm
her decision to wear a helmet whilst cycling. She specifically stated that
she doesn't care what others do; she's confident that her choice is a smart
one /for her/.

Sally Tenspeed then was subjected to personal abuse and haughty ridicule
from a bunch of bullies and morons who are so paranoid and defensive that
they can't even tell who truly opposes them.

HTH

You seem to be projecting your frustration and impotence on to
others. Hey, here's an idea: cut it out.

Great idea. As the one who done more projecting of impotence than
anyone else, feel free to demonstrate how, you miserable hypocrite.

Why didn't you speak up when Carl claimed I misspelled your name,
Braveheart? What a cowardly scumbaggins you are.

Go cower under the covers. No need for a lid THERE.

Old August 3rd 06, 10:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Alan Braggins

In article , Bill Sornson wrote:

Sally Tenspeed in Podunk is NOYB.

Then maybe she should stop crossposting, Bill. Sorry, Sally. Or Bill.
Whatever. Maybe you should go back to "Sorni".
Old August 3rd 06, 10:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Thu, 03 Aug 2006 17:05:37 GMT, "Bill Sornson" wrote:

Alan Braggins wrote:
In article , Bill Sornson
wrote:

{context removed; real shocker, that}

But not about Sally Tenspeed donning a lid in Podunk, Iowa. No
"threat" to you gits whatsoever.

Is Sally Tenspeed from Podunk, Iowa making hundreds of Usenet posts
attempting to justify her decision, or is she just going out and
riding, with no hassle from anyone?

Sally Tenspeed posted to a newsgroup that she's had experiences that affirm
her decision to wear a helmet whilst cycling. She specifically stated that
she doesn't care what others do; she's confident that her choice is a smart
one /for her/.

If she tries to justify it in ways that run counter to reality, then
she's mistaken and those errors should be pointed out.

It's like if I got sick with the flu and recovered superquickly and
think it's because I drank a lot of Coca-Cola, just saying drinking
Coca-Cola is the right choice *for me* doesn't make my statement
correct. We have to take a look at the broader reality and see what
is known about Coca-Cola? Coudl it be true? Is there evidence one
way or another?

Sally Tenspeed then was subjected to personal abuse and haughty ridicule

You mistake someone asking her "What evidence do you have for that?"
as abuse.

from a bunch of bullies and morons

Morons?

"When I divide 180,000 by 300,000,000 I get 0.006. Every time."

LOL.

JT

Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com