Cruzbike Info??

Old December 18th 07, 10:18 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Fulliautomatix

Default Cruzbike Info??

http://www.cruzbike.com

So has anyone built / bought one?

Is it good?
Old December 18th 07, 11:20 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Zebee Johnstone

Best bet is to try the Message Board at bentrideronline.com

Far wider 'bent using readership, you should get some useful info
there.

Zebee

Best bet is to try the Message Board at bentrideronline.com

Far wider 'bent using readership, you should get some useful info
there.

Zebee

Ta, getting a round tuit

mined ewe, I see that a streamliner has been built in FWD and a lot of
the new 'bents have dual suspension
and people complain of pedal steer with fixed bb

can't be all bad...I'm pretty much just going to get a kit and try it anyway

mined ewe II, I've never ridden a 'bent...and it seems poor form to go
test riding when I know I'm not going to spend $2500+ on a bicycle
Old December 21st 07, 12:13 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Zebee Johnstone

In aus.bicycle on Fri, 21 Dec 2007 21:43:33 +1100
Fulliautomatix wrote:
and people complain of pedal steer with fixed bb

I don't notice pedal steer as long as I have a hand on the bars, but
there's no way my bike can be ridden hands off - the front wheel gets
a serious shimmy almost immediately.

But then I don't need to ride hands off, I just let one arm drop to my
side, and hook a couple of fingers of the other hand around the bar
end shifters and that's as relaxed as I need to get.

can't be all bad...I'm pretty much just going to get a kit and try it anyway

mined ewe II, I've never ridden a 'bent...and it seems poor form to go
test riding when I know I'm not going to spend $2500+ on a bicycle

YOu can get 'em for a bit cheaper, but not much cheaper.

I've been pondering one too, if only to see what it's like, but the
kit's about $750 and I have no idea of a $100 k-mart yframe will be
good enough to make a decent bike. As I already have a decent bike I
suspect it will never happen.

Zebee
Old December 22nd 07, 07:56 AM posted to aus.bicycle
zog

Zebee Johnstone wrote:
As I already have a decent bike I
suspect it will never happen.

what is your ride again?
Old December 22nd 07, 09:08 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Zebee Johnstone

In aus.bicycle on Sat, 22 Dec 2007 18:56:38 +1100
zog wrote:
Zebee Johnstone wrote:
As I already have a decent bike I
suspect it will never happen.

what is your ride again?

Bacchetta Giro 20.

Not by any means the lightest Bacchetta (and the *******s have just
released an aluminium version which is lighter by 6lb or so...) but it
is the smallest. As as I suffer from Duck's Disease[1] I find it hard
to find a 'bent to fit. Most are too long from seat to BB.

Mind you, there's a good chance the Cruzbike might suffer from that
too.

Zebee

[1] the curse of the Seagoons!
Old December 22nd 07, 09:59 AM posted to aus.bicycle
zog

zog wrote:
Zebee Johnstone wrote:
As I already have a decent bike I
suspect it will never happen.

what is your ride again?

Bacchetta Giro 20.

Not by any means the lightest Bacchetta (and the *******s have just
released an aluminium version which is lighter by 6lb or so...) but it
is the smallest. As as I suffer from Duck's Disease[1] I find it hard
to find a 'bent to fit. Most are too long from seat to BB.

short legs, ok thought for a moment you were getting your beak blown
off by short guys with shotguns ehehehhe!

Mind you, there's a good chance the Cruzbike might suffer from that
too.

yes, not sure about the cruzbike, I like the HPVelotechnik GRASSHOPPER
http://www.hpvelotechnik.com/produkte/ghp/index_e.html

I would like buy a recumbent, just not sure what to buy, guess I will
need to take a trip to Canberra one day
Old December 22nd 07, 10:12 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Zebee Johnstone

In aus.bicycle on Sat, 22 Dec 2007 20:59:50 +1100
zog wrote:

yes, not sure about the cruzbike, I like the HPVelotechnik GRASSHOPPER
http://www.hpvelotechnik.com/produkte/ghp/index_e.html

OPtima do some seriously beautiful bikes, although it doesn't look
like anyone can make a fully suspended bent look good - lots of Stuff
under the seat.

The Cougar's not bad thoughm nor is the lynx.
http://www.optima-cycles.nl/main/en/...html?Itemid=27
http://www.optima-cycles.nl/main/en/...html?Itemid=27

Friend has just bought a Seirin - not suspended though. He likes
underseat steering, so Bacchettas and similar are out.

I would like buy a recumbent, just not sure what to buy, guess I will
need to take a trip to Canberra one day

Yup. Ian has heaps to choose from. Ben at trisled.com.au has a couple
nowadays too for Melbournians.

Zebee
Old December 23rd 07, 06:02 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Fulliautomatix

Zebee Johnstone wrote:

I've been pondering one too, if only to see what it's like, but the
kit's about $750 and I have no idea of a $100 k-mart yframe will be
good enough to make a decent bike. As I already have a decent bike I
suspect it will never happen.

Zebee

450 pesos...and I seriously doubt a $100 k-mart yframe would be a decent
bike even tho Ben seems to be going well with his $78 tourer (not a
dually!).
Old December 23rd 07, 06:30 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Zebee Johnstone

In aus.bicycle on Sun, 23 Dec 2007 17:02:53 +1100
Fulliautomatix wrote:
Zebee Johnstone wrote:

I've been pondering one too, if only to see what it's like, but the
kit's about $750 and I have no idea of a $100 k-mart yframe will be
good enough to make a decent bike. As I already have a decent bike I
suspect it will never happen.

450 pesos...and I seriously doubt a $100 k-mart yframe would be a decent
bike even tho Ben seems to be going well with his $78 tourer (not a
dually!).

Hmm, for some reason I thought 750. 450's not so bad.

The biggest hassle with suspended bikes is that the cheap ones are utter
crap and the good ones are not cheap. People do seem to be managing
conversions OK on low end bikes, although maybe not absolute bottom
K-Mart ones.

I did look at ebay, the only Y frames are from the one suppier and I
suspect they are just like the $100 kmart bikes. I wonder what the
chance of finding a good Y frame at Theft Converters is?

Not that I'd know how to tell a good duallie if I saw it.

Zebee

CruzBike? (PeteCresswell) Techniques 41 December 12th 07 01:58 PM
CruzBike? Tom Sherman[_2_] Recumbent Biking 31 December 12th 07 01:58 PM
CruzBike? Tom Sherman[_2_] Recumbent Biking 2 November 29th 07 12:42 AM
cruzbike Silvio Greg[_3_] Recumbent Biking 3 August 24th 07 08:20 PM
Cruzbike Silvio Greg[_3_] Recumbent Biking 1 August 24th 07 11:06 AM