bicycle licensing

Old January 25th 06, 12:16 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default bicycle licensing

Some twunt on You & Yours was just suggesting the above. Roger Geffen
was providing the voice of reason. Listeners are invited to record their
comments via the website.

I think I'd better not comment - my blood is still boiling.

d.
Old January 25th 06, 12:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

"davek" wrote in message
Some twunt on You & Yours was just suggesting the above. Roger Geffen was
providing the voice of reason. Listeners are invited to record their
comments via the website.

I think I'd better not comment - my blood is still boiling.

d.

Indeed, I heard it whilst bringing Vernon back from Doc's.. I shall be
composing something. Lord Fool who was anti-cyclist sounded as if he needed
to be perched in a corner of a gentlemen's club somewhere, after being
stuffed & mounted ;-)

Cheers, helen s

Old January 25th 06, 12:58 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

wafflycat wrote:
I shall be
composing something.

Whatever you sent, it wasn't Daily Mail enough cos they didn't read it
out - just the usual dribbling nonsense...

I suppose I get what I deserve if I listen to You & Yours. Best to try
not to get upset about it.

Ho hum!

d.
Old January 25th 06, 01:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

davek wrote:
wafflycat wrote:
I shall be
composing something.

Whatever you sent, it wasn't Daily Mail enough cos they didn't read it
out - just the usual dribbling nonsense...

I suppose I get what I deserve if I listen to You & Yours. Best to try
not to get upset about it.

you had me worried there; when I saw the thread title I though Matt B
had been expelled or let out early for half term ;-)

Old January 25th 06, 01:11 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

"davek" wrote in message
wafflycat wrote:
I shall be composing something.

Whatever you sent, it wasn't Daily Mail enough cos they didn't read it
out - just the usual dribbling nonsense...

I suppose I get what I deserve if I listen to You & Yours. Best to try not
to get upset about it.

Ho hum!

d.

They read stuff out so soon after the programme???

Cheers, helen s

Old January 25th 06, 01:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

wafflycat wrote:
They read stuff out so soon after the programme???

They read it out just before the end of the programme (the cycling stuff
was the first item).

I really don't know why I continued listening that long. I only put
Radio 4 on for the brilliant Ed Reardon's Week, which was as hilarious
as ever, and forgot to turn off at the end.

d.
Old January 25th 06, 02:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 12:58:41 +0000, davek
wrote:

I suppose I get what I deserve if I listen to You & Yours. Best to try
not to get upset about it.

I had to give up You & Your Things many years ago, it is far too
distressing.
Old January 25th 06, 04:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On 2006-01-25, wafflycat wrote:

Indeed, I heard it whilst bringing Vernon back from Doc's.. I shall be
composing something. Lord Fool who was anti-cyclist sounded as if he needed
to be perched in a corner of a gentlemen's club somewhere, after being
stuffed & mounted ;-)

The esteemed Lord did confess that he was often "too battered" to drive. I
suspect that sitting in the gentleman's club might have something to do with
that...

Regards,

-david
Old January 25th 06, 05:13 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

in message , audrey

wrote:

I suppose I get what I deserve if I listen to You & Yours. Best to try
not to get upset about it.

I had to give up You & Your Things many years ago, it is far too
distressing.

In this household, it is known and 'the whinging programme' and is third
only to the Moral Maze and the Archers in reasons for turning the
radio /off/.

;; no eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn.
;; Jim Morrison

Old January 25th 06, 06:08 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

http://www.youtube.com/?v=f9WYNeEq6Gcdavek
wrote:

| Some twunt on You & Yours was just suggesting the above. Roger Geffen
| was providing the voice of reason. Listeners are invited to record their
| comments via the website.
|
| I think I'd better not comment - my blood is still boiling.

I thought it was rather good. Rog got to say a lot & Lord Nimby didn't
get his rambling moans in twice. In fact what Mr Geffen said was well
focussed & clear so should have convinced quite a few non-cyclist types.
It wasn't really about licensing but about making cyclists not do dumb
things.

But no one pointed out that pavement-cycling, cycle red-light jumping &
one-way-wrong-way cycling are all currently illegal anyway, it's just
plod thinks there's better things for them to do. Licensing wouldn't
make them any more illegal, but I suppose it would make for there being
more to lose. But Rog squashed the idea flat by pointing out how much it
would cost for so little, if any, gain.

--
Patrick Herring, http://www.anweald.co.uk/ph