Halfords Cycle Computer - Wheel Setting

Old April 10th 05, 08:22 PM
leeandmandy

Default Halfords Cycle Computer - Wheel Setting

I bought a halfords 12 function cycle computer last Summer and
unfortunately lost the instructions.

Does anyone know the wheel setting for a standard mountain bike wheel ?
Old April 11th 05, 12:44 AM
firewolf65

Try www.halfords.com see if they have the manuals online, or as a file that
you could download.

Old April 11th 05, 08:17 AM
Bert L,am

"leeandmandy" schreef in bericht
I bought a halfords 12 function cycle computer last Summer and
unfortunately lost the instructions.

Does anyone know the wheel setting for a standard mountain bike wheel ?

try 26 inch or measure distance between first en second touchdown point of
the valve to the ground

--
Posted by news://news.nb.nu
Old April 11th 05, 09:43 PM
leeandmandy

Bert L,am wrote:
"leeandmandy" schreef in bericht

I bought a halfords 12 function cycle computer last Summer and
unfortunately lost the instructions.

Does anyone know the wheel setting for a standard mountain bike wheel ?

try 26 inch or measure distance between first en second touchdown point of
the valve to the ground

Thanks for replying. Yeah you're right, the size of the wheel is 26inch
(I checked today) although the number I need to input into the cycle
computer has four digits.

I spoke to a bloke down at Halfords last week who told me it was 2085,
althoug that was wrong.
Old April 12th 05, 08:44 AM
Bert L,am

Bert L,am wrote:
"leeandmandy" schreef in bericht

I bought a halfords 12 function cycle computer last Summer and
unfortunately lost the instructions.

Does anyone know the wheel setting for a standard mountain bike wheel ?

try 26 inch or measure distance between first en second touchdown point

of
the valve to the ground

Thanks for replying. Yeah you're right, the size of the wheel is 26inch
(I checked today) although the number I need to input into the cycle
computer has four digits.

I spoke to a bloke down at Halfords last week who told me it was 2085,
althoug that was wrong.

You can choose between a "cm" and an "inch" setting, after which you can
enter a real size. (In my case 211,0 cm). I guess the same applies when you
want to enter a size in inches. (We live in the metric world, i.e main land
Europe).
There is another setting allowing you to choose between a hand full of
standard settings like 26 or 28 or 29 inch or tyre/wheel sizes like 650C and
700C etc..

The guy in the shop may have been referring to a wheel size in millimeters,
in which case 2,085 meter is about right but.....not a precise as the figure
suggests.

Bert .

--
Posted by news://news.nb.nu