I drove to work today... :(

Old September 26th 06, 08:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Chris Eilbeck

Default I drove to work today... :(

.... for the first time since the schools went back. I had to carry
stuff (epoxy resin and a 4ft long byt 4" roll of fibreglass cloth so
not really practical without a trailer) so I just jumped in the car at
the usual time. All was going well til the hill going up to the
office. It took nearly 15 minutes to do 400m. Sod that! It's a slow
day if it takes me that long to do the 3 miles to work. Back on the
road bike tomorrow for sure. I'd noticed that queue getting longer
and longer with the schools traffic but never realised quite how bad
it had got.

Chris
--
Chris Eilbeck
Old September 26th 06, 08:27 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
John B

Chris Eilbeck wrote:

... for the first time since the schools went back. I had to carry
stuff (epoxy resin and a 4ft long byt 4" roll of fibreglass cloth so
not really practical without a trailer)

Its only 90 days to Christmas.

Start dropping those hints ;-)

John B

Old September 26th 06, 08:40 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Chris Eilbeck

John B writes:

Chris Eilbeck wrote:

... for the first time since the schools went back. I had to carry
stuff (epoxy resin and a 4ft long byt 4" roll of fibreglass cloth so
not really practical without a trailer)

Its only 90 days to Christmas.

Start dropping those hints ;-)

There's only me so I'd be buying myself, no need to wait ;o) I quite
like the idea of a Bob Yak or something similar. I'm gonna have to
buy a shed too though, I don't have room for another bike or a trailer
just now.

Chris
--
Chris Eilbeck
Old September 27th 06, 08:17 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul Boyd

Chris Eilbeck said the following on 26/09/2006 20:26:
... for the first time since the schools went back. I had to carry
stuff (epoxy resin and a 4ft long byt 4" roll of fibreglass cloth so
not really practical without a trailer) so I just jumped in the car at
the usual time. All was going well til the hill going up to the
office. It took nearly 15 minutes to do 400m. Sod that! It's a slow
day if it takes me that long to do the 3 miles to work.

My commute is 2.5 miles, and it is definitely quicker by bike!
Especially in winter, when it can take as long to clear all the car
windows as it does to cycle into work! Trouble is, like you,
occasionally I need to carry bulky or heavy stuff to/from work, and I
really begrudge having to drive!

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/
Old September 27th 06, 01:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
POHB

Chris Eilbeck wrote:
It took nearly 15 minutes to do 400m. Sod that! It's a slow
day if it takes me that long to do the 3 miles to work. Back on the
road bike tomorrow for sure.

It's good to have those little reminders now and again to make you
appreciate the benefits of cycling

Old September 27th 06, 11:36 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Chris Eilbeck

"POHB" writes:

Chris Eilbeck wrote:
It took nearly 15 minutes to do 400m. Sod that! It's a slow day
if it takes me that long to do the 3 miles to work. Back on the
road bike tomorrow for sure.

It's good to have those little reminders now and again to make you
appreciate the benefits of cycling

Yep! Currently looking at approx 24 minutes leaving house at 8.15 for
3 miles by car and an average of 11m45s doing the same by bike. Of
course, it's about the same time for both when the kids aren't at
school.

Looking forward to the morning though!

Chris
--
Chris Eilbeck

Hitler was RIGHT.. Topaz Mountain Biking 0 January 31st 05 12:49 AM
More on fat people going downhill Clive George UK 203 October 10th 04 10:15 PM
Back to biking to work Duke General 29 March 26th 04 06:51 PM
What didn't happen on the way to work today Claire Petersky General 20 October 2nd 03 07:55 PM