A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » rec.bicycles » Social Issues
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

The high cost of mountain biking!



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old August 13th 16, 11:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 531
Default The high cost of mountain biking!

"John B." wrote in message
...

On Wed, 10 Aug 2016 16:28:05 -0500, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:

OK, so let’s discuss the Sahara Desert in the context of “there are places
where no man has ever walked”. Did you know that the Sahara was not always
a desert? It was once a savanna that had water and animals and hence
people.
This was a long time ago and it is thought that those early
hunter-gatherers
later settled in Egypt when the desertification began. It is thought that
an
oscillation of the earth every 11,000 years causes this phenomenon, so
maybe
the Sahara will some day be a savanna again.

But now you begin to see how absurd is your statement that there are areas
of the earth that no man has ever walked. Man, like Kilroy, has at one time
or another been everywhere (except Antarctica).


I've sort of been holding off replying as I've been trying to puzzle

out whether you are really as stupid as you seem to be or whether you
simply live in some parallel universe where "reality" is whatever you
would like it to be.

The only stupid clod here is yourself.

But be that as it may, to take up the question of the lush Sahara,

teeming with life and little foot prints.

You are the moron who stated that there were areas of the earth where no man
had ever trod. I would never be so stupid as to say that!

I did a bit of research and it seems pretty well agreed that the

Sahara may well have received a much higher rain fall in time past
than it does today and the time estimates seem to agree that the place
had reached its highest level of rainfall, and this plant growth and
"lushness" about 8,000 years BCE.

A bit more research shows that the two most agreed upon estimates of

human population on the planet is Hyde (published 2007) and Durand
(1974) who both agree that 5.0 million in -8000 is a likely figure.

A check on the earth habitable land area comes up with 63,699,062 km.

sq. Based on those figures there was, on an average one human for
every 12.7 sq. km. in 8000 bce.

Today's Sahara Desert covers some 9,400,000 sq. Km. so based on world

population estimates the total population of the Sahara might have
been as high as 750,000, which sounds like a lot of people until you
realize that is roughly equal to Fort Worth Texas sat in the middle of
the U.S. and not another person on the continent.

And you believe that these approximately 750,000 people were

scampering about, running here and there all over the place.

Yes, that is exactly what I believe. These early people were all
hunter-gatherers, and they required as much land as possible in order to
survive as hunter-gatherers. What foolishness to compare these early people
to a modern day city. The earth can support far more people today because of
the kind of discoveries and inventions mentioned in my recent post entitled
"Guns, Germs and Steel".

You totally ignore the difficulties that primitive groups have in just

getting enough to eat, not to mention all the rest of the
inconveniences of staying alive. Child and female morality, for
example, is extremely high in primitive societies.

No, on the contrary, it is precisely the difficulty of getting enough to eat
that requires the vast Sahara in time of plenty to support that population,
however meager by modern day standards.

Nope Dooley, we will have to mark this one up to a vivid imagination.


Your research on the Sahara agrees with what I know, but you seem to have no
clue of how much land it takes to support hunter-gatherer type of societies.

Modern day hikers have no illusions about recreating primitive conditions,
but the desire to preserve relatively primitive areas for spiritual
recreation makes total sense. It is as close as we can get to our roots.
And
the recreation needs to be man on foot, not man on a machine. Wilderness
areas are for pilgrimage, not for fun and games (sport). That you can’t see
this makes you a true barbarian – a man without culture. I am quite right
to
despise you.


Well, I accept your term "relatively primitive" although one has to

wonder just how greatly a world with flush toilets, hot and cold
running water and paved foot paths can relate to "primitive"?

Now who is lacking in imagination?

And what about all the mosquito's, deer fly's, yellow jacket hornets

midges and ticks in your relatively primitive world? I suspect that
you don't have any in your relative reality. Probably fog them every
evening.

And of course, no savage animals, no wolves, bears or catamounts in

your (relatively) primitive wilderness, I'm sure. Maybe a cute little
bunny rabbit or Bambi the deer (neglecting the fact that neither are
actually forest denizens) but certainly nothing dangerous.

Sorry, Dooley but you strike out again. You see a real wilderness

contains all kind of things. Yellow Jackets, mosquitoes and all kind
of creepy crawly things. right along side, heck, sometime right in it,
the big majestic redwood tree.

Even a relatively primitive area will contain many things that an urban
landscape will not. We do not need total immersion in the wild; a partial
immersion will do just fine, thank you. What we don't need are bicycles
whizzing around us when in a wilderness.

In fact, one of the ways that those big Red Wood trees got spread all

over the place is by those loveable little birds. You see the redwood
cone falls down and after decomposing a little exposes the seeds. The
nice birdies eat the seeds, but unfortunately the seed covers are hard
to digest so many seeds pass right through the birds digestive system
undigested.

An interesting thing about the Red Wood seed is that it doesn't want

to be buried like other seeds. Just drop it right there on the ground
and it is perfectly happy while if you bury it down deep away from the
sunlight and it dies. One might even say that over hundreds of
thousands of years the whole Red Wood reproduction system has depended
on bird ****. Horrible but true.

Relevance?

Given that your "relative primitive" has no basis in reality what you

might do is visit
http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/20...ilence-714.jpg

I have no interest at this particular time in learning anything about how
Redwood trees propagate. I do know that "relative primitive" is not an
abstraction, but a reality that millions of us appreciate to have at our
beck and call without the plague of mountain bikers present.

Additional nonsense deleted.
[...]

And, it might be added, it will fit right in with your other imagined

realities.

Vast primitive areas set aside for the spiritual recreation of hikers are
not imagined. They exist in reality and it is important to keep them as
unspoiled as possible in an ever increasing urbanized world.

Mountain bikes have wheels. Wheels are for roads.

Trails are for walking. What’s the matter? Can’t walk?

Ed Dolan the Great – Minnesota

Ads
  #52  
Old August 14th 16, 07:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
John B.[_6_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,202
Default The high cost of mountain biking!

On Sat, 13 Aug 2016 05:16:13 -0500, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:

"John B." wrote in message
.. .


I have no interest at this particular time in learning anything about how
Redwood trees propagate. I do know that "relative primitive" is not an
abstraction, but a reality that millions of us appreciate to have at our
beck and call without the plague of mountain bikers present.


"Relative primitive", yet another term used to justify the fact that
modern effete America only wants the "nice" things with none of the
real "primitive with toilets". Of course one cannot be expected to
squat down to take a crap. And how would one wash one's hands without
running water, and Oh God, a mosquito.

Jesus Dooley but you people are pathetic.

At least the mountain bike people are real, they are out there in the
mud and the crud, not sitting in an easy chair bemoaning the lack of
air conditioning.

--
cheers,

John B.

  #53  
Old August 14th 16, 12:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 531
Default The high cost of mountain biking!

"John B." wrote in message
...

On Sat, 13 Aug 2016 05:16:13 -0500, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:

My God! This idiot has finally learned how to edit a post.

I have no interest at this particular time in learning anything about how
Redwood trees propagate. I do know that "relative primitive" is not an
abstraction, but a reality that millions of us appreciate to have at our
beck and call without the plague of mountain bikers present.


"Relative primitive", yet another term used to justify the fact that

modern effete America only wants the "nice" things with none of the
real "primitive with toilets". Of course one cannot be expected to
squat down to take a crap. And how would one wash one's hands without
running water, and Oh God, a mosquito.

Jesus Dooley but you people are pathetic.


The only pathetic asshole here is yourself. I am now blaming myself for
wasting time on an idiot like you. Either post relevant content or get lost!

At least I am not hearing any more nonsense about you having tread where no
man has trod, nope, not even in the forbidding Sahara, let alone in lush
West Papua.

At least the mountain bike people are real, they are out there in the

mud and the crud, not sitting in an easy chair bemoaning the lack of
air conditioning.

Mountain bike people are crud. **** them, and you, all the way to Hell and
back!

Mountain bikes have wheels. Wheels are for roads.

Trails are for walking. What’s the matter? Can’t walk?

Ed Dolan the Great – Minnesota


  #54  
Old August 15th 16, 02:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
John B.[_6_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,202
Default The high cost of mountain biking!

On Sun, 14 Aug 2016 06:52:39 -0500, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:

"John B." wrote in message
.. .

On Sat, 13 Aug 2016 05:16:13 -0500, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:

My God! This idiot has finally learned how to edit a post.

I have no interest at this particular time in learning anything about how
Redwood trees propagate. I do know that "relative primitive" is not an
abstraction, but a reality that millions of us appreciate to have at our
beck and call without the plague of mountain bikers present.


"Relative primitive", yet another term used to justify the fact that

modern effete America only wants the "nice" things with none of the
real "primitive with toilets". Of course one cannot be expected to
squat down to take a crap. And how would one wash one's hands without
running water, and Oh God, a mosquito.

Jesus Dooley but you people are pathetic.


The only pathetic asshole here is yourself. I am now blaming myself for
wasting time on an idiot like you. Either post relevant content or get lost!

At least I am not hearing any more nonsense about you having tread where no
man has trod, nope, not even in the forbidding Sahara, let alone in lush
West Papua.

At least the mountain bike people are real, they are out there in the

mud and the crud, not sitting in an easy chair bemoaning the lack of
air conditioning.

Mountain bike people are crud. **** them, and you, all the way to Hell and
back!


Nope. The Mountain Bikers are real. Out there in the mud and the crud,
getting rained on when it is wet and covered with snow in the winter
time.

The so called "treckers" are all living in their modified realism,
huddled in the shade and worrying about whether there will be a
toilet cubical available when the urge is felt.

The Treckers stand there and chant their mantra, "Its Ours, Its Ours"
while the Mountain Bikers just get on and ride.

One would think that the treckers would be out there defending what is
theirs, but they aren't. They are on the Internet shouting, "Its MINE,
Mine, mine". One can only suppose that the Treckers, or some of them
at least, realize that it isn't "Theirs" it actually belongs to the
public, of which they are only a very small part.

Sort of like the school kid, safe inside the school yard fence,
shouting "My daddy can lick your daddy" while outside the fence those
dirty people on bicycles just ride away.

But, I suppose, that is part of the while modified realism thing.
Imaging that one is an intrepid sort of bloke trudging over hill and
dale when the facts are that he/she/it is just a puny, insignificant,
creature, staring through the windshield of the car, looking at the
mountain.
--
cheers,

John B.

  #55  
Old August 15th 16, 03:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 531
Default The high cost of mountain biking!

"John B." wrote in message
...
[...]

Nope. The Mountain Bikers are real. Out there in the mud and the crud,

getting rained on when it is wet and covered with snow in the winter
time.

In other words destroying the trails for all except themselves. See the
Great Mike Vandeman, Ph.D., for how bikes destroy trails, most especially
when ridden in wet conditions. My God, you are not only a fool, but a dumb
fool.

The so called "treckers" are all living in their modified realism,

huddled in the shade and worrying about whether there will be a
toilet cubical available when the urge is felt.

You must be describing yourself here.

The Treckers stand there and chant their mantra, "Its Ours, Its Ours"

while the Mountain Bikers just get on and ride.

One would think that the treckers would be out there defending what is

theirs, but they aren't. They are on the Internet shouting, "Its MINE,
Mine, mine". One can only suppose that the Treckers, or some of them
at least, realize that it isn't "Theirs" it actually belongs to the
public, of which they are only a very small part.

I never heard of any hiker who thought that the trails belonged to just
anyone because part of the public. RTV'ers and motorcyclists are also part
of the public. Are you really this stupid or just putting me on? The fact
remains that trails do indeed belong to hikers and equestrians by right of
tradition if nothing else. Mountain bikers need to get their own god damn
****ing trails.

Sort of like the school kid, safe inside the school yard fence,

shouting "My daddy can lick your daddy" while outside the fence those
dirty people on bicycles just ride away.

Your little kid references escape me. What is your age anyway? Of course, I
KNOW your mental age, but what is your physical age? I am guessing about 14.
But how does West Papua fit into this?

But, I suppose, that is part of the while modified realism thing.

Imaging that one is an intrepid sort of bloke trudging over hill and
dale when the facts are that he/she/it is just a puny, insignificant,
creature, staring through the windshield of the car, looking at the
mountain.

You need to stop describing yourself on this forum as all you are doing is
announcing to the world what a fool you are. Since you like to do research,
look up straw man argument.

Mountain bikes have wheels. Wheels are for roads.

Trails are for walking. What’s the matter? Can’t walk?

Ed Dolan the Great – Minnesota


  #56  
Old August 15th 16, 04:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
John B.[_6_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,202
Default The high cost of mountain biking!

On Sun, 14 Aug 2016 21:15:34 -0500, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:

"John B." wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Nope. The Mountain Bikers are real. Out there in the mud and the crud,

getting rained on when it is wet and covered with snow in the winter
time.

In other words destroying the trails for all except themselves. See the
Great Mike Vandeman, Ph.D., for how bikes destroy trails, most especially
when ridden in wet conditions. My God, you are not only a fool, but a dumb
fool.


Ah, the great Vandeman, the convicted criminal. (and yes I know that
he later did some squirming and arse kissing and got the record
expurgated and now threatens people that mention it)

But worshiping a criminal? Who is your next hero? "Ted" Kaczynski?
After all he held a doctorate and was a professor at Beckley, must be
an important guy. Was Vandiman a professor?



The so called "treckers" are all living in their modified realism,

huddled in the shade and worrying about whether there will be a
toilet cubical available when the urge is felt.

You must be describing yourself here.


Nop.

You are the one that claimed to have spent 10 years roaming the trails
and you are the one that stated that you treckers didn't want the
pristine wilderness but a civilized version of that. No mosquitoes, no
mountain bikes, no mountain lions and indoor toilets.

And you are the guy that admitted that you and your so called treckers
are the ones that destroyed the pristine wilderness by building paths
and trails so that you didn't have to actually experience that
wilderness.

In other words, you don't want realism you want some watered down,
effete, version and you don't want any one else to impinge on your
reality by actually riding a mountain bike through it.

In short, all I'm doing is repeating stuff you said yourself.... and
now you are disparaging the statements that you originally made.

Ed Dolan the Great Minnesota


Nope. Ed Dolan, the individual who now argues that he didn't say whet
he said. (Note: sometimes referred to by the great unwashed as a liar)

--
cheers,

John B.

  #57  
Old August 15th 16, 05:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 531
Default The high cost of mountain biking!

"John B." wrote in message
...

On Sun, 14 Aug 2016 21:15:34 -0500, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:

"John B." wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Nope. The Mountain Bikers are real. Out there in the mud and the crud,

getting rained on when it is wet and covered with snow in the winter
time.

In other words destroying the trails for all except themselves. See the
Great Mike Vandeman, Ph.D., for how bikes destroy trails, most especially
when ridden in wet conditions. My God, you are not only a fool, but a dumb
fool.


Ah, the great Vandeman, the convicted criminal. (and yes I know that

he later did some squirming and arse kissing and got the record
expurgated and now threatens people that mention it)

Convicted of nothing. Mr.Vandeman is NOT a public figure and is therefore
entitled to sue for libel.

But worshiping a criminal? Who is your next hero? "Ted" Kaczynski?

After all he held a doctorate and was a professor at Beckley, must be
an important guy. Was Vandiman a professor?

Acquiring a Ph.D is not an easy thing to do. But what would a dumbbell like
you know about that.

The so called "treckers" are all living in their modified realism,

huddled in the shade and worrying about whether there will be a
toilet cubical available when the urge is felt.

You must be describing yourself here.


You are the one that claimed to have spent 10 years roaming the trails

and you are the one that stated that you treckers didn't want the
pristine wilderness but a civilized version of that. No mosquitoes, no
mountain bikes, no mountain lions and indoor toilets.

Is there something wrong with civilization? The only pristine wilderness is
on other planets where no man has trod. We have already established that man
has been everywhere on this planet. Wilderness that approximates a state of
nature is good enough for everyone - except apparently for fools like you.
You need to make a better argument for permitting bikes on trails other than
arguing for a pristine wilderness to justify desecrations of less than
pristine wilderness.

And you are the guy that admitted that you and your so called treckers

are the ones that destroyed the pristine wilderness by building paths
and trails so that you didn't have to actually experience that
wilderness.

Mankind has been trespassing all over the globe since he came out of Africa.
No part of the earth has been untouched by mankind - except large portions
of Antarctica. One can experience a wilderness with it having to be
pristine.

In other words, you don't want realism you want some watered down,

effete, version and you don't want any one else to impinge on your
reality by actually riding a mountain bike through it.

One can experience a wilderness with it having to be pristine, but a
wilderness will no longer be a wilderness if mountain bikes and motorcycles
are whizzing through it.

In short, all I'm doing is repeating stuff you said yourself.... and

now you are disparaging the statements that you originally made.

I have never been a purist about anything in my life. I can talk about
wilderness and its values without it having to be pristine. Obviously, you
can't.

In short, you have provided no justification for permitting bikes on trails
in wilderness settings. All you have done is present some juvenile sophistry
that fools nobody, least of all me.
[...]

Mountain bikes have wheels. Wheels are for roads.

Trails are for walking. What’s the matter? Can’t walk?

Ed Dolan the Great – Minnesota


  #58  
Old August 15th 16, 09:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
John B.[_6_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,202
Default The high cost of mountain biking!

On Sun, 14 Aug 2016 23:12:44 -0500, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:

"John B." wrote in message
.. .

On Sun, 14 Aug 2016 21:15:34 -0500, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:

"John B." wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Nope. The Mountain Bikers are real. Out there in the mud and the crud,

getting rained on when it is wet and covered with snow in the winter
time.

In other words destroying the trails for all except themselves. See the
Great Mike Vandeman, Ph.D., for how bikes destroy trails, most especially
when ridden in wet conditions. My God, you are not only a fool, but a dumb
fool.


Ah, the great Vandeman, the convicted criminal. (and yes I know that

he later did some squirming and arse kissing and got the record
expurgated and now threatens people that mention it)

Convicted of nothing. Mr.Vandeman is NOT a public figure and is therefore
entitled to sue for libel.

But worshiping a criminal? Who is your next hero? "Ted" Kaczynski?

After all he held a doctorate and was a professor at Beckley, must be
an important guy. Was Vandiman a professor?

Acquiring a Ph.D is not an easy thing to do. But what would a dumbbell like
you know about that.

The so called "treckers" are all living in their modified realism,

huddled in the shade and worrying about whether there will be a
toilet cubical available when the urge is felt.

You must be describing yourself here.


You are the one that claimed to have spent 10 years roaming the trails

and you are the one that stated that you treckers didn't want the
pristine wilderness but a civilized version of that. No mosquitoes, no
mountain bikes, no mountain lions and indoor toilets.

Is there something wrong with civilization? The only pristine wilderness is
on other planets where no man has trod. We have already established that man
has been everywhere on this planet. Wilderness that approximates a state of
nature is good enough for everyone - except apparently for fools like you.
You need to make a better argument for permitting bikes on trails other than
arguing for a pristine wilderness to justify desecrations of less than
pristine wilderness.

And you are the guy that admitted that you and your so called treckers

are the ones that destroyed the pristine wilderness by building paths
and trails so that you didn't have to actually experience that
wilderness.

Mankind has been trespassing all over the globe since he came out of Africa.
No part of the earth has been untouched by mankind - except large portions
of Antarctica. One can experience a wilderness with it having to be
pristine.

In other words, you don't want realism you want some watered down,

effete, version and you don't want any one else to impinge on your
reality by actually riding a mountain bike through it.

One can experience a wilderness with it having to be pristine, but a
wilderness will no longer be a wilderness if mountain bikes and motorcycles
are whizzing through it.

In short, all I'm doing is repeating stuff you said yourself.... and

now you are disparaging the statements that you originally made.

I have never been a purist about anything in my life. I can talk about
wilderness and its values without it having to be pristine. Obviously, you
can't.

In short, you have provided no justification for permitting bikes on trails
in wilderness settings. All you have done is present some juvenile sophistry
that fools nobody, least of all me.
[...]

Mountain bikes have wheels. Wheels are for roads.

Trails are for walking. Whats the matter? Cant walk?

Ed Dolan the Great Minnesota


Well, back again with your fantasies. What do they call it? Of yes,
"augmented reality". Of course that is an oxymoron as reality can't be
augmented, but I suppose it sounds a lot more technical than "Pipe
Dream", or "dumb ass dream", which would otherwise apply to you and
the other trekkers in their artificial "primitive" forest.

I mean, standing around with the trekking boots and the trekking pole
and the trekking jacket and the trekking pants, saying "Where's the
path?" "It can't be that dirt path there. Why that is all muddy and
I'll mess up the shine on my boots".

Than the Mountain Bikers come by all covered with mud and mire and
everybody has an excuse that they need to go home and watch TV. "Oh!
We can't trek now the trail is all messed up".

No "trekkers" here just a bunch of effete fools.
--
cheers,

John B.

  #59  
Old August 15th 16, 11:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 531
Default The high cost of mountain biking!

"John B." wrote in message
...
[...]

Well, back again with your fantasies. What do they call it? Of yes,

"augmented reality". Of course that is an oxymoron as reality can't be
augmented, but I suppose it sounds a lot more technical than "Pipe
Dream", or "dumb ass dream", which would otherwise apply to you and
the other trekkers in their artificial "primitive" forest.

No wilderness on earth is pristine. All have been touched by mankind.

I mean, standing around with the trekking boots and the trekking pole

and the trekking jacket and the trekking pants, saying "Where's the
path?" "It can't be that dirt path there. Why that is all muddy and
I'll mess up the shine on my boots".

No one knows what you are blathering about. But I know you for the fool that
you are.

Than the Mountain Bikers come by all covered with mud and mire and

everybody has an excuse that they need to go home and watch TV. "Oh!
We can't trek now the trail is all messed up".

The only mess I know about is YOU!

No "trekkers" here just a bunch of effete fools.


Better to be effete than a destroyer of wilderness values.

Your juvenile sophistry will get you no where with me or with anyone else
with a brain in his head. Try something different, why don't you?

Mountain bikes have wheels. Wheels are for roads.

Trails are for walking. What’s the matter? Can’t walk?

Ed Dolan the Great – Minnesota


  #60  
Old August 17th 16, 05:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
John B.[_6_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,202
Default The high cost of mountain biking!

On Mon, 15 Aug 2016 17:33:04 -0500, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:

"John B." wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Well, back again with your fantasies. What do they call it? Of yes,

"augmented reality". Of course that is an oxymoron as reality can't be
augmented, but I suppose it sounds a lot more technical than "Pipe
Dream", or "dumb ass dream", which would otherwise apply to you and
the other trekkers in their artificial "primitive" forest.

No wilderness on earth is pristine. All have been touched by mankind.

I mean, standing around with the trekking boots and the trekking pole

and the trekking jacket and the trekking pants, saying "Where's the
path?" "It can't be that dirt path there. Why that is all muddy and
I'll mess up the shine on my boots".

No one knows what you are blathering about. But I know you for the fool that
you are.

Than the Mountain Bikers come by all covered with mud and mire and

everybody has an excuse that they need to go home and watch TV. "Oh!
We can't trek now the trail is all messed up".

The only mess I know about is YOU!

No "trekkers" here just a bunch of effete fools.


Better to be effete than a destroyer of wilderness values.

Your juvenile sophistry will get you no where with me or with anyone else
with a brain in his head. Try something different, why don't you?

Mountain bikes have wheels. Wheels are for roads.

Trails are for walking. Whats the matter? Cant walk?

Ed Dolan the Great Minnesota


Hey Duddly, the other day I mentioned that I was wondering about you.
Whether you actually believe your stuff or whether you were lying.

And then you mentioned the Great God Vanderman and how smart he was
because he was a doctor. In fact you equated a doctorate with great
mental powers.

Somehow I seem to associate "Berkeley" and a doctorate in psychology
with the good doctor, so I did a search. Unfortunately Berkeley,
Psychology Department seems to have no record of any Vanderman, nor
can I find a reference to Berkeley granting a Doctorate in any subject
to a "Vanderman".

There seems to be something a bit weird here. A Doctor with no school
records?

Would you care to comment on how Vanderman can have a doctorate and no
school records the award of such a diploma?
--
cheers,

John B.

 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mountain Bikers Rat Pack & Threaten Woman for Telling the Truth about Mountain Biking! Mike Vandeman Social Issues 2 April 2nd 08 05:12 PM
Mountain Biking Video -- See What Mountain Biking Is Really Like! Peter Mountain Biking 0 March 25th 05 11:56 PM
The High Cost to Bicycle riders halsBikes Social Issues 1 February 18th 05 08:09 PM
The true high cost of sodomy - an itemized list Ride-A-Lot Mountain Biking 0 January 27th 05 08:00 AM
THE HIGH COST OF SODOMY Du Social Issues 0 December 21st 04 11:33 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2017 CycleBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.