I'm 6'4 235 tall

Old October 30th 04, 06:49 PM
Peter Cole

wrote

http://crw.org/gallery/snowride2003.htm

Guess which one is me. The other guys are actually normal size
(one's even 6'3").

Nice photo and good snow effect

Thanks, I can't take credit for either. Our club's webmaster added the snow
effect which makes the shot really look like the day it was taken. We rode
20 miles or so in steady snowfall with about 6" on the ground. It was kind
of a stunt, but fun, we have a (almost) 400 ride unbroken streak going on
our regular Saturday morning ride. That ride might have been dangerous
except that there were hardly any cars on the road, it was too slippery for
most drivers.

Old October 31st 04, 06:41 AM
Bill Baka

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 04:53:56 GMT, Fabrizio Mazzoleni
wrote:

"Bill Baka" wrote in message
news
Isn't 6'7" and 255 lbs.

No, six feet tall is not a cyclist build.

I just meant that he would be skinny. My friend that is 6'9" or 10"
bonks his head it he doesn't duck going from room to room in the house.
He is skinny at 300 and no, not a cyclist build, he is at sumo level
right now and over 400, which makes him look like a biker, Harley type.
The point behind my comment is that the BMI thing is wrong and should
be going by the cube of the individuals height, not the square.
Think about the math. He doesn't ride bicycles right now because he
can't find one to fit him without looking silly. At 58 and with gray
hair he wants to maintain his health but also some semblance of dignity.
Back to whatever we were talking about. I believe the OP was one of those
too tall people.
Bill Baka
Old October 31st 04, 06:49 AM
Bill Baka

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 12:34:58 -0400, Badger_South wrote:

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 15:45:53 GMT, "Peter Cole"
wrote:

"Bill Baka" wrote

Isn't 6'7" and 255 lbs.
kind of on the skinny side? Cyclist build maybe?

No way, I'm 6'10"/235, and nobody ever called me skinny...

.jpgs, please?

-B
I'm just under 5'10", and 235. That would make an interesting comparison
side-by-side, eh? ;-D

In the case of you two guys please post a link to yourselves. There has to
be
a really drastic difference of build or muscle mass (100 pound quads?) or
you guys have really no clue what skinny is.
Prove it.
Bill Baka

Old October 31st 04, 06:55 AM
Bill Baka

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 10:35:03 GMT, Peter Cole
wrote:

"Claire Petersky" wrote in message
link.net...

wrote:

"Bill Baka" wrote

Isn't 6'7" and 255 lbs.
kind of on the skinny side? Cyclist build maybe?

No way, I'm 6'10"/235, and nobody ever called me skinny...

.jpgs, please?

Guess which one is me. The other guys are actually normal size (one's

even
6'3").

I sure wouldn't call you chubby by any means.

Perhaps not "chubby", but my BMI is 25, which puts me at the upper edge
of
the "recommended" weight. Before I started riding regularly several years
ago, I had gained some weight, and was definitely well over ideal weight.
I'm now 20 lb lighter, as well as more muscled, and my weight has been
stable without much effort. Thanks to cycling, I wear the same pants size
as I did in high school.

First, I tried to explain that the BMI calc is wrong, that it should be
based on the cube of height, simple mathematics, (DUH). Secondly,
according to the picture, half of what looks like you could be the suit.
Bill Baka

Old October 31st 04, 02:11 PM
Peter Cole

news
wrote:

"Bill Baka" wrote in message
news
Isn't 6'7" and 255 lbs.

No, six feet tall is not a cyclist build.

I just meant that he would be skinny. My friend that is 6'9" or 10"
bonks his head it he doesn't duck going from room to room in the house.

At his age, he should have mastered the whole ducking thing a while ago.

He is skinny at 300 and no, not a cyclist build, he is at sumo level
right now and over 400, which makes him look like a biker, Harley type.

I see a lot of those guys on the rural roads I ride in the summer. They're
almost way overweight like your friend.

The point behind my comment is that the BMI thing is wrong and should
be going by the cube of the individuals height, not the square.
Think about the math.

Perhaps you should contact the government and get the tables corrected.
They work for me though.

He doesn't ride bicycles right now because he
can't find one to fit him without looking silly. At 58 and with gray
hair he wants to maintain his health but also some semblance of dignity.

Yeah, dignity, that's what bike riding is all about.

Back to whatever we were talking about. I believe the OP was one of those
too tall people.

No such thing (unlike ignorance).

Old October 31st 04, 02:23 PM
Peter Cole

"Bill Baka" wrote

First, I tried to explain that the BMI calc is wrong, that it should be
based on the cube of height, simple mathematics, (DUH). Secondly,
according to the picture, half of what looks like you could be the suit.
Bill Baka

Yeah, sorry, I'll try to find a naked cycling picture. Until I do, my chest
is 46, my waist 36. I wear XL or XXL jerseys/jackets and fill them out.
That's not skinny. People vary a bit in the amount of muscle mass they
carry. Judging from many years of weight lifting and hanging out in gyms,
I'm normal to slightly muscular. People vary much more in the % of body
fat. I'm lower than average, but not extremely low. BMI for me is right on
the money.

Old October 31st 04, 03:21 PM
Bill Baka

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 13:23:03 GMT, Peter Cole
wrote:

"Bill Baka" wrote

First, I tried to explain that the BMI calc is wrong, that it should be
based on the cube of height, simple mathematics, (DUH). Secondly,
according to the picture, half of what looks like you could be the suit.
Bill Baka

Yeah, sorry, I'll try to find a naked cycling picture. Until I do, my
chest
is 46, my waist 36. I wear XL or XXL jerseys/jackets and fill them out.
That's not skinny. People vary a bit in the amount of muscle mass they
carry. Judging from many years of weight lifting and hanging out in gyms,
I'm normal to slightly muscular. People vary much more in the % of body
fat. I'm lower than average, but not extremely low. BMI for me is right
on
the money.

I was only implying that the BMI thing is not mathematically correct.
In order to maintain proportion, cube has to be used.
a 2x2x2 cube is a volume of 8 units. If that cube is twice as tall
then it is 4x4x4 for a volume of 64 units. Assuming same density
that would be heigth cubed, right? Why would people be different?
Yes, I do question just about everything.
Bill Baka

Old October 31st 04, 05:30 PM
Claire Petersky

"Peter Cole" wrote in message

Yeah, sorry, I'll try to find a naked cycling picture.

I had that picture of Lance Armstrong in the nude as wallpaper on my home
computer for a long time.

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky