Discover bicycle race : The Ardechoise

Old April 5th 05, 02:16 PM

Default Discover bicycle race : The Ardechoise

http://www.lamastre.com/ardechoise.htm

Hello,

You're welcome in green Ardeche June 2005

Lalogne

Old April 5th 05, 09:10 PM
Jacques Moser

On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 06:16:35 +0000, lalogn wrote:

http://www.lamastre.com/ardechoise.htm

Hello,

You're welcome in green Ardeche June 2005

Lalogne

Lalogne,

You keep reposting the same advertisement, and as usual nobody answers,
which is a pity because Ardeche is indeed beautiful.
Should I suggest that you explain in a few words what this is about, as
most of your readers won't read french easily ? Or perhaps should you
point to the official site of l'Ardéchoise:

http://www.ardechoise.com/english/index.html

More personally, I have mixed feelings about this kind of events.
A cycling event of this size must be quite fascinating to see and to
experience. But on the other hand, what pleasure can one find in riding in
a pack (or a traffic jam) of 10'000 ?

Opinions welcome

Jacques
Old April 5th 05, 09:57 PM
RicodJour

Jacques Moser wrote:
On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 06:16:35 +0000, lalogn wrote:
http://www.lamastre.com/ardechoise.htm

Hello,
You're welcome in green Ardeche June 2005
Lalogne

Lalogne,

You keep reposting the same advertisement, and as usual nobody

answers,
which is a pity because Ardeche is indeed beautiful.
Should I suggest that you explain in a few words what this is about,

as
most of your readers won't read french easily ? Or perhaps should you

point to the official site of l'Ard=E9choise:

http://www.ardechoise.com/english/index.html

More personally, I have mixed feelings about this kind of events.
A cycling event of this size must be quite fascinating to see and to
experience. But on the other hand, what pleasure can one find in

riding in
a pack (or a traffic jam) of 10'000 ?

Opinions welcome

Well, I certainly wouldn't want to make a habit out of it, but I sort
of have! The NY City Five Boro Bike Tour has probably triple that
amount of riders and it's a blast. They close streets and bridges to
car traffic once a year and for a short while riders rule the roads.
Of course there are some boneheads, same as found anywhere in humanity,
but the happy spirit of the thousands of riders, rain or shine, more
than makes up for the few.

Plus I'd like to ride in France! Never have.